Despite a 'number' of similar projects being pulled, the Chelmsford Project will continue...

by NeverKnew 57 Replies latest jw friends

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    I think they have got a cash flow problem at the moment and when they get a bit of money somtime they will start up again simply because of the money they could get in selling off prime london property.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Formerbrother - "This is new to me about that case last year. What has changed?"

In a recent sex abuse case agains the WT (http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/watchtower-ordered-to-pay-13-5-million-in-sex-abuse-case-as-gerrit-losch-fails-to-testify), the WTS was requested to provide both their "pedophile database" as evidence, and GB member Gerritt Loche for testimony.

They refused.

As a result, they were not permitted to make any testimony on their own behalf ("contempt of court", after all), for all intents and purposes forfeiting their side in the case, and setting what I consider a virtually foolproof precedent to beat them in any future child-abuse-related cases.

And IMO, the WT Legal Dept. would have to be total f**king morons not to have realized this... therefore, they expect to lose lots and big in the near future.

When I first read about it, my immediate thought was, "are they (the WTS) crazy, or just plain stupid???", but considerable discussion has taken place here over the subject, and some of us have concluded that there is a valid (if extremely dark) explanation as to why the WTs and its lawyers may have refused to cooperate.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I just spoke to a young elder a couple weeks ago, whose parents had been working on the Chelmsford project for the last six months. They are being sent home within the next couple of weeks.

The latest news I have is that there have been three or four people doing essential safety related jobs in the last few weeks and that by the new year they will all have gone home.

The announcement recently made stated that the Chelmsford project would be "reduced". It appears to be completely halted, another manipulation of the facts which the average Dub just drinks in.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Halted" is, technically "reduced"... to zero percent.

So they are (kind of) telling the truth. :smirk:

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore
    Sliding that's exactly what this couple were doing there. He runs his own Health and Safety consultancy business, so was there for that reason and that reason alone.
  • Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

In a recent sex abuse case agains the WT (http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/watchtower-ordered-to-pay-13-5-million-in-sex-abuse-case-as-gerrit-losch-fails-to-testify), the WTS was requested to provide both their "pedophile database" as evidence, and GB member Gerritt Loche for testimony.

They refused.

As a result, they were not permitted to make any testimony on their own behalf ("contempt of court", after all), for all intents and purposes forfeiting their side in the case, and setting what I consider a virtually foolproof precedent to beat them in any future child-abuse-related cases.

And IMO, the WT Legal Dept. would have to be total f**king morons not to have realized this... therefore, they expect to lose lots and big in the near future.

When I first read about it, my immediate thought was, "are they (the WTS) crazy, or just plain stupid???", but considerable discussion has taken place here over the subject, and some of us have concluded that there is a valid (if extremely dark) explanation as to whythe WTs and its lawyers may have refused to cooperate.

-

There may well be paedophiles coming to meetings and nobody knows about it, but what can each congregation do about it?

But Im certain once it is known about they are not keeping it secret, they inform the authorities ASAP. And then every care is made being very careful in that conregation.

This conspiracry theory that pedos are protected and there is a pedo ring going up to the top is rubbish.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Formerbrother - "There may well be paedophiles coming to meetings and nobody knows about it, but what can each congregation do about it?"

Warning parents, criminal background checks, restricting the ministry of such ones, reporting allegations to the police...

...none of which the vast majority of congregation BOEs - who get their marching orders from WTHQ - go out of their way to do.

When the same story gets told over and over and over and over and over, only a fool would refuse to consider the possibility that there's no fire at the source of the smoke.

Formerbrother - "But Im certain once it is known about they are not keeping it secret, they inform the authorities ASAP. And then every care is made being very careful in that congregation."

Stick around a while. You will learn otherwise.

Formerbrother - "This conspiracry theory that pedos are protected and there is a pedo ring going up to the top is rubbish."

It's not so much a "conspiracy" as it is an environment that has developed - due to poor policies - which has institutionalized the problem.

No one here thinks there's a "pedo ring", it's just that the WT organization and leadership have dealt with the problem so inadequately that they can't fix it without some serious reforms that, would, quite simply, undermine R&F confidence in the legitimacy of the Org's authority.

And that is unacceptable to them.

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

The Chronicle exclusively revealed in January 2014 how the IBSA is relocating the headquarters from Mill Hill in north London and build a printing plant producing up to 184,000 religious magazines an hour, accommodation for up to 1,200 Witnesses, parking for 1,040 vehicles and a hospital and playing fields."

With the downsizing going on elsewhere in the World, I wonder if in the end they will actually have 1,200 JW's on Site, and if they will need that printing capacity.

We shall have to see if these projected figures become reality, somehow I doubt it.

But I bet the guys in the Control Room at Cult Headquarters are licking their lips at the prospect of selling off all the holdings in the Mill hill area.

-

Its now going to be more like accomodation for a few hundred at most.

All Bethelites have to make their own food, do their own washing and cleaning.

No more laundry department, no more kitchen and waiters, no more housekeeping!

And you still only get £80 per month, who on earth wants to go to Bethel and after years of faithful service get kicked out on the street with no money and no hope.

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

Its going to be a real beautiful place when its finished.

They are going for quality over quantity. It used to be accommodation for a few thousand permanent residents, now its looking like less than a thousand permanent with the possibility of a few thousand more in temporary accommodation should the need arise.

Some say the plans are going to be like a garden of Eden in England :) I mean they had farming in London over the years but this is going to be epic what they are planning for Temple farm at Chelmsford.

They are planting thousands (literally) of fruit trees, including tropical fruits in huge green houses, huge vines yards and then the same basic farming activities as before. I know there are some large agriculture organisations involved at this stage, but if they will be doing things long term, or it will all be handled by volunteers is not known.

over 300 Hectares of beautiful forests and country walks or bike riding. Strictly only for JW's they are also setting up a very high end security system with border security.

You can only gain entry to the compound on the invite of one of the Bethelites or if you book a tour, then you will be recorded and given an electronic badge which you have to keep with you at all times. Each badge has a locator on it and everybody will be tracked 100% of the time, if anybody is found without the locator badge there will be an investigation and all activities will be recorded by the hundreds of high end HD cameras everywhere. It was around 2020 aiming for completion but now Im told it will be nearer 2022.

Just what in the world are they preparing for?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Formerbrother - "...Just what in the world are they preparing for?"

A "Brave New" one?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit