Despite a 'number' of similar projects being pulled, the Chelmsford Project will continue...

by NeverKnew 57 Replies latest jw friends

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

This article suggests that there ARE projects being halted, but Chelmsford isn't one of them.

Can someone from the UK tell me if this article was written by a reputable and known publisher?

Plans for huge Jehovah's Witnesses HQ continues

Brentwood Weekly News sounds like a small community paper.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Looks like the construction will continue.
  • committeechairman
    committeechairman

Remember that even if they say they are doing "construction", there can be very little work going (especially expenditures) but the "construction" can be called "in progress". An example is dirt work done by volunteers.

So it can be true that something can be going on there, but it isn't significant.

CC

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Just clicked around a bit and it is a community based circulation whose police stations will either be closing or not accessible to the public soon. If the community is having financial problems, I'm sure there's a vested interest in this project continuing.

Committeechairman, you might be right. I wonder if a reduction in activity was noticed and this article written to address community concerns.

Nonetheless, a quote of interest from a "spokesman"

Spokesman Stephen Morris said: “In order to make best use of contributed funds, some construction projects worldwide will be delayed or cancelled.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

“We still have a very active work force on site, and we have no intention, or directive, to close down or sell the site at Temple Farm.”

He is not answering/denying the question - "Has the construction work been halted at Chelmsford?"

Highly qualified J.W.'s might still be on site "evaluating work already completed" in the area, while lesser are working 24/7 as "security" to guard equipment/Portakabins etc.

http://www.portakabin.co.uk/portable-buildings.html?g=ppc&gclid=Cj0KEQjwqNiwBRDnq93MioaqtKQBEiQAb7Ezn--qIh1QNv101vIpDBTsOQsB1T0ZM_II7jo3WVA3HfQaAgEQ8P8HAQ

Yup, they're still "working" on-site!

We need someone to pay a visit and report back to us!
  • Absalom
    Absalom
    My understanding is they are going to finish the building that was already started at the site, once that ONE building is complete, the rest of the project will be put on hold until after Warwick.
  • Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

This news is bit contradicting to what is happening in reality. I know few couples who are volunteers in UK from EU countries that received letters notifying them that their services are no more needed for the construction.

I presume they are not 100% stopping the construction but possibly reducing the workforce to a minimum for damage control.

As some posters mentioned before, if they had external contractors, they have to use them otherwise penalty clauses / court stuff will be very expensive.

Not to mention our Special pioneers got their P45 letters this week from the branch!

• Splash
    Splash
    Da.Furious Not to mention our Special pioneers got their P45 letters this week from the branch!

Are you certain?

Do you know if this is all SP's?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Absalom - "My understanding is they are going to finish the building that was already started at the site, once that ONE building is complete, the rest of the project will be put on hold until after Warwick."

One finished building on a lot a site filled with uncompleted and seemingly abandoned construction...

That's... gonna look weird.

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

@Splash: Yes confirmed and they mentioned letters were sent to around 90% SPs in the UK and this is worldwide thing and not local only.

Another bit of info, can not mention the location unfortunately (not in the UK) the letter has been dispatched today and it is about Bethel family, SPs and Missionaries numbers being reduced.

As for construction, at a KH in London they stopped a new flat being built. Fortunately they only cleared the site and no excavation was started.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit