What Do Witnesses Do For Fun These Days?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• millie210
    millie210

In my area the JWs make a "get together" (party) out of anything...

someone leaving for a privilege of service? Party

Someone coming home from the same? Party

Time to study Watchtower as a group before the meeting? Drag out the chips and dip!

On and on it goes. The "party" is usually in someones home or yard because there is no money when you are a JW, if youve done it the way you're supposed to.

The food is predictable, the mood is also. "Arent we glad we are the happiest people on earth? No one gets together and has as much fun as we do!"

The drink is soft drinks and maybe beer if youre lucky. The mental drink is of course ...kool aid

Image result for kool aid

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

As a JW I still go out and play ping pong Minimus in leotard spanx and fishnets whilst juggling melons on my head and tickling squirrels.......... Next question please........ (20 years on)

• Chook
    Chook

Talk about those who no longer following the corporation, talk talk talk. The best advice is to ask them to pray for you or say remember me when you get into your kingdom.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Listening to the Kingdumb maladies (the new ones, of course). Watching the stuttering videos on their site--that can't even be served properly. Going in field circus, going to boasting sessions. Dreaming about going to Israel to do the ultimate stupid two-week mission.

• Mum
    Mum

I've been out for so long I didn't know fun was allowed. We used to have picnics, invite one another over for dinner, denigrate people having a hard time, and see an occasional movie (usually on a holiday when everybody else was enjoying family time). Then I started thinking and then drinking Jack Daniel's . . . .

• zeb
    zeb

Recreation is not an area I would normally comment on but I have said that jw as a group are among the unhealthiest of people. I recently sat near a jw group having a dinner. The amount of cream piled on afters was alarming for anyone who regards their heart as worth saving.

re bowling. When I was 'in' there was a cong bowling night. Interesting. The sisters turned up in the shortest skirts and screamed hysterically when anyone scored, it was deafening. Never again.

• JRK
    JRK

Nothing! They have sucked the fun out of everything!.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit