11/25/23 Daily Mail :"Former Jehovah's Witness lifts the lid on the brutal isolation he faced as a child

by Balaamsass2 3 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Interesting read. While the Daily News is not a high-brow paper, it does get a LOT of views. (I have known JW families this extreme towards children)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12784269/Former-Jehovahs-Witness-isolation-child-shunned.html

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

It was a center page story in the Daily Mail (UK) about Rachel--who had started the internet forum Ex JW Reunited that led to me discovering this whole world of ex jw's. I went on to meet lots of others--some are / were members on here over the last 13 years.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

The obligatory comments by JWs: "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on television", or as it is always phrased "I'm not a Jehovah's Witness, but I have friends that are, and they are the sweetest, kindest people I know". I always want to ask these people if they also have friends in "Christendom", and if they are sweet and kind too.

Plus the instant dismissal: "Absolute rubbish!"

And "So what? It's not like this is anything new!"

Those three JW apologists always seem to appear whenever anything negative about the WT appears.

I'm so glad that testamonies like these are gaining more prominence in the mainstream media. The stories of the victims need to be told.

• Bribie
    Bribie

Owen was drinking and just experimenting with “stuff”

When you get older Owen and develop some life experience and maturity you may well realise that such behaviour is damaging to your health and is detrimental in so many ways. There really are great positives in living by Bible standards. As many other religions also attest to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit