Catch up

by Jrjw 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

Facebook is great for finding old friends. I found a friend who is an ex witness who I haven't seen for about 7 years coz she left the society and we lost touch and I got in contact with her the other day on Facebook and she came for tea earlier and we had a great time talking about experiences of the wts and it's strange doctrines and remembering our school days. We chatted for about 5 hours and are going to keep in touch. She was so pleased I'm in the process of leaving wts. I hope others on here have managed to get in touch with old friends, its definitely worth it.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Oh yeah, I've probably got a dozen or more friends now that left back in the day. They were all glad to see me leave too. I've met many of them in person and have 3 that I'm trying to arrange to meet soon. Good times.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Great news. Goes to show you, more are leaving the cult every day.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

I got my brother back. He left years ago and while I didn't shun him, the relationship did change. It's nice now to be able to have open and honest conversation with him and my sister in law.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Maybe i`m old school or just weird but I just couldn`t dig FB it seemed to me to be about everyone just saying look at me, look at me, look at me .?

So I quit FB

However I do have another thread where the telephone was used in a catch up.

{sorry don`t mean to hijack a thread}

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

I only use it to keep In touch with my brother abroad i don't post personal stuff. Cant stand people that post their day step by step

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit