They are giving a beautiful witness of Jehovah's Organization

by Tameria2001 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

They are giving a beautiful witness of Jehovah's Organization, now let us see the fruits of their labor blossom...

...NAH I can't say that with a straight face. Let me back up and explain why I said that. As many of you know that my husband's mother had been fighting cancer. Yesterday evening she finally lost that fight and passed away. Her funeral will be on Friday. Her obituary was posted online today, and this was brought to our attention by her sister (my husband's aunt, not a JW, never has been) In her obituary it talked about her parents, her marriage, her siblings, and those who preceded her in death. It talked about her two children and her four grandchildren. The issue is that she has 3 living children, 6 grandchildren, and one great-grandson that were NOT included in her obituary.

When my husband's aunts both saw this they were livid. The eldest talked to her brother-in-law (my husband's father) about this, and apparently things got very heated between the two. Don't know was talked about yet, but apparently he threw some very nasty threats at her about my husband. Yes, we will be attending the funeral because my husband did not get a chance to say his goodbyes to his mother while she was still alive, but we will be going with her two living sisters.

Also attending will be several other close relatives to my mother-in-law, who are not JWs, and never have been. We are getting word through the grapevine that this obituary fiasco, is not sitting well with them. The funeral will not be taking place at the Kingdom Hall, but at the cemetery, I'm assuming because of the COVID threat. Normally I don't attend any JW funerals, but I am this time for two reasons. The first because I am going to be there to support my husband, and second just to see what is going to happen.

I'll update everyone here sometime after I get back.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Some dubs just have no humanity, your relatives sound like that, robots, no feelings. Sorry for your loss. 😞

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I'm so sorry for your loss, Tameria.

This will be a hard thing to overlook. It's cruel because it was very public and it's not like you can print a retraction for an obituary.

I sincerely hope they do not give the entire hour long JW funeral graveside. There are usually a limited number of chairs and you know who would "reserve" them for themselves.

• JeffT
    JeffT

My condolences on your loss, and having to deal with heartless in laws as part of your struggle. In some ways they did give a good witness, everybody aware of this situation can see the cult for what it is.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

JW's can be very vindictive, petty and officious when it comes to exercising the mere bit of power they are allowed to have. They like to think they are being loyal to Jehovah but in reality, their motivation is purely personal.

We feel quite powerless when we lose someone in death and sometimes all we have left of the years we spent with them, is the mention of our name in their obituary or their eulogy. Too bad they're using this one last opportunity to show Christian kindness to her non-JW family, to be so small minded.

Go to the funeral and show them how decent people behave in times like this.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

The funeral was at 2 pm today, but there was another held at 4 pm. We ended up going to the later one, so we didn't have to deal with the JWs. We were hoping to go to the visitation yesterday but was not allowed to, because of a certain JW @$$hole. The JWs had the 2 pm service, filled with their Watchtower propaganda, but the second one was held by her relatives who are not JWs. It was a beautiful service that held all the memories of the one who passed away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit