Dreading the news this week

by Coded Logic 21 Replies latest social current

• zeb
    zeb

I hope the relevant police dept keeps all its personnel out of it.!

• stillin
    stillin

Four people went into a coffee shop. A Muslim, a Jew, a Negro and a white Christian. They sat together, drank coffee, laughed and had a great time.

Do you know why?

Because none of them were assholes!

• LV101
    LV101

I can't believe Kasich but if it's out of his power -- not sure about this.

Nutters will always have possession of something to kill others. They easily obtain/buy unregistered guns.

• sir82
    sir82

I will be surprised, nearly shocked, if the death toll is 0.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

The Cleveland Police Union has sent Governor Kasich an open letter requesting that he temporarily ban Open Carry in city for the next couple of days. He said he "doesn't have the power".

I think he meant to say he doesn't have the will power.

• Stealth
    Stealth

They should drop the head of the NRA into the middle of the protesters to referee!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I think he meant to say he doesn't have the will power.

he really doesn't have the power. Only the legislature can do it.

Btw, I can't think of any reasonable person that would leave their house and go protest at the convention for any one of the groups. Some people are just looking for an excuse to yell, fight and create havoc. I really wish i had the power to make entire groups of people disappear, because that entire protest crowd would be gone in a half second.

• blondie
    blondie

I spent my teenage years in a large university town during the late 60's and early 70's, demonstrations almost every day, tear gas. My father worked in the middle of it and my first job was there.

It wasn't until 1970 that a building was bombed and 1 person killed and it all came to a screeching halt. I feel for the police that will have to sort out the really bad people from the people who are stupid thinking they are helping by bring weapons into the fray.

I stayed during my era, accidentally tear gassed once because the street was not blocked off soon enough.

My father was blocked by demonstrators, front and back, and they started rocking the car. I was scared. My father rolled down the window and asked which ones wanted to see what kind of gun he had in the glove compartment............rocking stopped, demonstrators backed away, and dad backed up and drove away....he never had a gun in the car but he worded his question so they believed he did. He went around the city the long way after that.

So fair the demonstrations here have been peaceful and have stayed that way. Smart people know that without police things would be worse. I remember in one city some people started shooting at firefighters as they came to put out fires...the firefighters stopped coming and the community put pressure on the shooters.

I remember the demonstrations at the political conventions in 1968....

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=93898277

• glenster
  • prologos
    prologos
    Simon: :Yeah, thank god they are clamping down on water pistols - the number of people killed by those is impossible to count.

was not a 12 year old boy shot by police in Cleveland because he carried a replica or toy pistol? killed indirectly because--?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit