Dreading the news this week

by Coded Logic 21 Replies latest social current

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Tens of thousands of protesters are expected to show up in Cleveland this week for the Republican National Convention. Muslim groups. Anit-Muslim groups. Mexican groups. Anti-immigration groups. Black Live Matter. Anti-Trump groups. Pro-Trump groups. The West Borrow Baptist Church. Code Pink. And a host of other conservitive and liberal causes.

Suffice to say, there's going to be a lot of contention among the protesters. Protesters mad at the RNC. And protesters mad at other protesters. What really makes this a disaster waiting to happen is Ohio has an Open Carry law and protesters will be allowed to bring their guns. It doesn't matter if its a pistol on your hip, a shotgun draped over your arm, or a assault rifle strapped across your back it's all perfectly legal (ironically toy guns and water pistols will banned in the protest area though).

The New Black Panthers and the Oathkeepers (a white militia group) have also both promised to come armed. I can't think of the last time we had is such a politically and culturally charged event where people with diametrically opposed views are going to be in direct contact with each other - much less armed with guns. Despite the police bests efforts, I'm not sure which the right question to be asking. Should I be wondering if a protester or cop is going to get shot over the next three days? Or should I be asking how high the death toll will be?

Maybe I'll just stay away from my social media and TV this week . . .

/

RNC

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, thank god they are clamping down on water pistols - the number of people killed by those is impossible to count.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Pissed Off" People With Guns..??!!..

Image result for what could possibly go wrong

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Someone please tell me why the guy in the picture feels the need to attend a political convention with that assault weapon strapped to him? Sad to say but this will probably be the first convention where someone might lose a life.

• blondie
    blondie

Shirley, he said it was to prove that good people carry guns too...........just reporting

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Well, good people don't carry an assault weapon like an AK47 strapped to their chest

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Trump is cocked loaded and ready

There are three minority groups that shouldn't attend the convention .... Afro-Americans, Hispanics and Muslims.

I wonder if the Klan will show up ?

https://martinomalley.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/dt_gun_pic.jpg

• smiddy
    smiddy

I can`t believe the insanity of the Governor of Ohio or his advisors , party members , allowing such weapons to be carried at such an assembly in Cleveland ,for the Republican National Convention

What planet are they on ? Sheeeeshhh

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

Finkelstein ,

One things for sure the JW`s wont attend , however they will be wringing their hands in glee if their is a bloodbath , supposedly validating their end of the world now failed multiple prophecies .since 1879 .

O f course it could be around the never ending round corner that is imminent , any day now .for the past 130 + years.?

smiddy

• JeffT
    JeffT
    I can't think of the last time we had is such a politically and culturally charged event where people with diametrically opposed views are going to be in direct contact with each other

Chicago 1968. The events there probably cemented Nixon's election.

much less armed with guns.

Kent State, 1970. The whole country is lucky that the students weren't armed and the Guard only killed four people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit