1919 Selection - When first referred to?

by AuntBee 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

Does anyone know when the WT officially started referring to Jesus choosing them in 1919? The first reference to it in the publications?

Thanks.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think it may have been in the book "God`s Kingdom Of A Thousand Years Has Approached" by Fred Franz printed in 1973{ Though I could be wrong

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This is a quote from a Post by Don Cameron, Author of " Captives of a Concept", though it does not directly answer your question, dear Lady, Don himself may be able to, his e-mail addy is at the bottom, if it still works !

Let us know what you find out , please !

" 1919 there is no way the Society could be God's organization in 2011. - See "God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached" pp. 349-355

There are several other things the "Proclaimers" book truthfully says that also bring into question the Society's claim to being "God's faithful and discreet slave organization." Again, it is a matter of knowing what to look for and where to find it.

Another reason I recommend the "Proclaimers" book is because it is still current. It is the Society's most up to date version of the organization's history. Therefore Witnesses do not automatically dismiss what it says as "old light" as they do with Russell's s "Studies in the Scriptures" or Rutherford's "The Finished Mystery."

The above are some of the reasons why "Captives of a Concept" recommends using the "Proclaimers" book as a Watchtower history study aid. Witnesses who will sincerely try to help those who ask about that history may end up teaching themselves that truth about it and in the process get the sense of what it means. i.e. The Watchtower Society has never been God's organization. - Romans 2:21

Don Cameron
    [email protected]

Edited to add : I have a very informative PDF by Edmund Gruss on the 1919 claim, too long to post here, if you P.M me your e-mail addy, which I used to have but cannot find, I will forward the PDF to you,and anything else I find.

• Reazon22
    Reazon22

So earliest I can find is from a 1951 Dec 1st Watchtower. But it never fails whenever I decide to research something I always discover something new!! Was the appointment made in 1918 or 1919!

Paragraph 6

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1951882?q=visible+belongings+on+earth&p=sen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit