Kamikaze

by new boy 7 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

There are many people out there willing to die or kill for what they believe in. I was one of those in my early twenties. I was a self righteous pioneer and Bethelite willing to die for what I thought was "The Truth".

There are many others out there willing to do the same thing. Every time someone joins the military, are they not willing to die or kill for their country?

That is why my favorite bumper sticker is "Please god protect me from your people." for there is nothing more dangerous then god's people or someone willing to die or kill for what they believe in.

• Chook
    Chook

I love that sticker. It's pretty hard to protect oneself from a martyr , it's still effective in Iraq. It's just that nobody recognises the bomb inside the JW witnessing bag, it takes out a lot of genuinely good people.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

That is why my favorite bumper sticker is "Please god protect me from your people." for there is nothing more dangerous then god's people or someone willing to die or kill for what they believe in.

I agree. Though there are healthy ways of standing up for what you believe, a very different situation if getting brainwashed and lose your own humanity for a cause that may not even be yours.

• millie210
    millie210

I have come to think that ANY belief system carried to the extreme can have a negative effect on others.

Balance is a good thing.

Some things lend themselves more to being unbalanced than others.

Religion is one of those things.

• looter
    looter

There's nothing dangerous about being willing to die for what you believe in. What is dangerous is the people who don't believe in anything up to that point. They cannot treat life with the same outlook the most honest people take and they usually are more likely to kill and die for nothing at all. Those types of people are usually atheists.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Here's hoping that was his final, retarded dribbling . .

• RogueLeader
    RogueLeader
    There are many people out there willing to die or kill for what they believe in. I was one of those in my early twenties. I was a self righteous pioneer and Bethelite willing to die for what I thought was "The Truth".

What I found hypocritical was the fact that we should have been ready to die for our fellow brothers and sisters. Yet, I'm sure 85% of my congregation didn't know the slightest thing about my personal life or character, and this after over 10 years in the same congregation. The question I asked was, "Would they die for ME, if push came to shove?"

The scary part is, I'm sure, if the Governing Body told everyone tomorrow to drink poisoned Grape Kool-Aid (as in the Jonestown massacre), there would be some who would drink it in a heartbeat.

• Zoos
    Zoos

I was one of those.

I was totally devoted to the Watchtower Corp. because I thought it was equivalent to God. I was totally devoted to the brotherhood because I thought it was God's organization.

(That reminds me, I need to call the med center where my employer sends us for on-the-job injuries and change my medical directive to "WILL ACCEPT BLOOD".)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit