Who resurrected Jesus?

by lumberjack 15 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The Romans resurrected Jesus from obscurity because he taught passive obedience and turning the other cheek instead of violence.
  • OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups
    Chuck Norris, who else?
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    LOL click dislike all you want, Jesus Freaks.
  • Lieu
    Lieu

An extraterrestrial, why?

They aren't human up there flittering around space right? At the transfiguration, Jesus turned into some sort of energy being.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Obviously it was his Father, Jehovah God who raised up Jesus from the dead. Acts 2:31 says it "It was this very Jesus whom God raised—and we're all witnesses of that.

Jesus could not rise from the dead since he was dead. John 2:19 is symbolic. Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."
    It means that when his body (the temple) was broke, which would make the temple broken and obsolete, a new temple will be made in he heavens by Jesus' fulfilling his role as high priest. Jesus' saying that "I will raise it did not mean that he will raise himself or his body. He would have been more accurate to have said 'My father', but nobody's perfect.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

What I wonder is where he was while dead. Jehovah's Witnesses say that he was nonexistent but those who believe in immortality of soul have to explain where Jesus' immortal soul was when he died.

Perry, are you there?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit