OneEyedJoe
    No one.
  • Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    Aliens. Definitely aliens.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Himself as the mythological story goes.

There were other Messiahs before Jesus who supposedly rose on the third day as well.

He wasn't the first Messiah.

• lumberjack
    lumberjack

@Finkelstein you mean i.e. this passage?

And as to His having raised Him from among the dead, never again to be in the position of one soon to return to decay, He speaks thus: 'I will give you the holy and trustworthy promises made to David.'

• brandnew
    brandnew

Spikoly!!!!!!! From fast times......

U member!!!

• label licker
    label licker

1 Peter 1:20,21 True, he was foreknown before the founding of the world, but he was made manifest at the end of times for the sake of you who through him are believers in God , the one who raised him up from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope might be in God.

Yet, at John 2:19 Jesus says: " " break down this temple, (meaning his body) and in three days, he(Jesus) will raise it up. "

I often wondered about that since some scriptures say it was god that raised Jesus up and then this scripture that reads if need be that Jesus himself could raise himself up. It's a wait and see. No one really knows.

• lumberjack
    lumberjack

Why John 2:22 says: he was raised?

Maybe he was talking about rising it up, from flesh into spirit? Like what's more in connection to some temple?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

One possible explanation:

(John 2:19) "All right," Jesus replied. "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." (NLT)

(Ephesians 2:21) "...in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord.."

Jesus had spent the previous three years establishing a spiritual arrangement concerning the New Covenant which he was about to validate with his death. When he died, (the cornerstone - Eph. 2:21) his followers (the "temple") were distraught and dispersed, but on his resurrection, Jesus had them regroup with an even stronger zeal than before. Hence his reason for saying that he would "raise it up" (Gr.egeirō - "to cause to appear, bring before the public")

• cappytan
    cappytan
    His fairy godmother raised him up. Just in time for the ball!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit