todays wt

by bobld 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    I thought it was that Joseph of Arimathea dude and Nicodemus who collected Jesus' body so who is the other guy?
  • sir82
    sir82

I was baffled by the illustration of the guy volunteering to take my place instead of me being executed for a crime that I was "implicated" in. If he was innocent, who would execute him instead of me?

I know, right? What kind of wacked-out justice system is that?

"Sorry that Joe Blow killed your spouse, but don't worry, we'll kill Jack Black. That ought to make you feel better."

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They are desperately trying to make themselves relevant. It's not working. The conductor went on about how to know if you are imitating the world. You would start talking and dressing like them. Hmmmm...????

So, if I want to be like Jesus, does that mean I can grow a beard?

DD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    typical cult control propaganda. The watchtower corporation is trying to link itself with Jesus. No wonder he's asleep!
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

7 + billion people are about to become human hotdogs (that's what tony morris tells us) and we are worried that jesus may not like the video games we are playing.

god and his 144000 are going to slaughter 7 billion including - 500 million kids, and about 200 million pregnant women, but he doesn't want us to play Grand Theft Auto, or watch Saving Private Ryan because he HATES violence.

No conflict at all.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Y'all are forgetting that JWs DO NOT read the WT rag. They just attend the meeting (about 75% of the time) and sit there bored. Their brain is stagnant. Nothing goes in that they have to bother thinking about.

Doc

• baker
    baker

Next they will bring up that some raise their hand all the time trying to show that they are the "most" righteous above the great crowd. Cant have anyone superior among the publishers.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Perfectly said ttdtt!

So contradictory indeed.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I just want to make a quick suggestion about posting time-sensitive information. Please don't take it harshly because I know it's just an oversight. And I see it often on other posts.

The post talks about today's Watchtower. Yesterday (March 13, 2016) the use of the word "today" enabled one to know exactly which day was being referenced. But a reader reading this post 6 months in the future, would not know exactly what day is being referenced because no date is mentioned.

Since posts remain on the site indefinitely, we all have to try to remember to post a date whenever we refer to events that relate to a particular day. That way future readers can, for example, read this post and go look for the specific Watchtower article that was being referenced, based on the date provided.

It's easy to forget to do this because we live in the now and we generally don't think about the fact that posted information isn't just being read now, but also being read in the future.

What would be good is if there was some special automated script that would automatically tag on the date a post was made, at the end of the first occurrence of the word "today" in a post. So for example a poster writes:

"The congregation bible study today was crazy!".

But when the post is being processed the script runs and adds in the date and final post that's uploaded reads:

"The congregation bible study today [March 14, 2016] was crazy!"

Or maybe the script can insert a tool tip on time words like yesterday, today, this month, etc so that when you point at them with your mouse a little pop up or tool tip displays the date.

Knowing the exact date being referenced can be helpful for future readers.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Please disregard my post above. It is entirely unwarranted!

I just realized that there is a little indicator next to each post that tells you how long ago it was made. And when you mouse over it a little pop-up tells you the exact date and time of the post. So readers can use that info. to determine or calculate what "today" and other relative time references mean.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit