Reasoning with JW's: chapter 1.

by runForever 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• runForever
    runForever

Chapter 1: Where to start?

If a JW says to you: "We have the truth and you know it!". How could you reply?

You could say:"I know many JW's and they are very sincere in their beliefs.  But don't you think everyone deserves to hear the truth even if it contradicts something they truly believe?"  If the JW agrees you could share with them scriptures that highlights Jesus warnings about false prophets and false shepherds who would seek to plunder and destroy the flock for their own glory and gain. (Luke 21:8, John 10:1,2, Matthew 7:15).

You might then arrange to come back and discuss the topic further.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

"Since you have the truth I was hoping you could answer a question for me?

i have been to JW,org and read that the governing body is the faithful slave Christ mentioned. The logic makes sense and all, Christ was talking about the time of the end in the context, but the all scripture inspired book on page 175 I believe states that Matthew isn't written in chronological order... And the parallel account in Luke has no such context about the time of the end.... So doesn't this demonstrate Christ wasn't talking about the time of the end?"

• Honesty
    Honesty
    If a JW says to you: "We have the truth and you know it!". How could you reply?

Easy.

Show them threads started by A R Stupid.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Reasoning with JWs"...

a.k.a., "Deprogramming for Dummies"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit