New baby on the way... and transfusions

by Anony Mous 7 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

It's been a while since I posted life updates. This time we are having a baby boy come along in a few months. Off course nothing is ever easy, my wife is extremely anemic to the extent we are being referred to a hematologist for iron and/or packed red blood cells and potential full blood transfusions.

I had to check my knee-jerk reaction to the doctors referring us to a "blood doctor" for some reason the tight chest feeling over certain doctrines still hasn't susbsided. I feel so angry at myself for allowing it, and even angrier for the potential hundreds of children that will be or have been stillborn, premature or born with severe brain development issues because of JW doctrine.

My current wife has never been a JW so she doesn't quite understand nor do I want to put it on her now but aaaargh.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Our feelings about the JW experience stay with us for years. Be happy you've been freed from the Matrix and you can get the best medical care available . Congrats to you and your wife!

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

I was just reading an article that explained that repeated and long term exposure to false information will always leave a trace. Even years after a person learns that the information is wrong, and now knows and accepts the correct information, his reaction is slightly influenced or delayed because of the lingering false info.

So I guess we all have the same. It's an unconscious effect of how our brain works.

Congrats with your son-to-come, best wishes for him and his parents!

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Wow, this is not easy even without JW standards. My thoughts and prayers are for you both.

• cellomould
    cellomould

Congratulations on the new baby!

Our son was born 2 months prematurely, so I had plenty of anxiety about the potential for (further) complications. It was a very stressful time, and just when we thought the worst was over, I experienced egregious harassment at work. If I could do anything differently, I may not have disclosed any info about the changes in our family status to my employer.

They are not supposed to get medical records from the insurance either.

Oh, on the non-JW side of our family, someone who worked at the hospital (not in the ICU where our son was) gossiped about our lack of visitation (we visited every day almost without exception).

There is enough crazy in our society without JW blood issue craziness, so good luck and trust your instincts about when to disclose medical info.

cell mould

• smiddy
    smiddy

Congrats to you and your wife for the baby thats coming.

for some reason the tight chest feeling over certain doctrines still hasn't susbsided. I feel so angry at myself for allowing it,

Dont worry sooner or later those feelings will, and do subside .

Just concentrate on a positive outcome for your wife and your new baby boy.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Congratulations on the new baby!

We have one in NICU now and if it weren't for the many blood transfusions she received, she would have died so trust those doctors when it comes to moms and eventually your babies health.

Sorry the pregnancy has to be a hard one. We all imagine it to be perfect but there are so many things that can creep up to make it interesting. We've learned through our experience that researching a good hospital is essential to a successful pregnancy. Also if you don't like a particular doctor or nurse, say something. It's ok and they understand.

• Moster
    Moster

As they say - "Let's review....It's a CULT"!

CULT indoctrination seems to always remain to one extent or another.

Congrats on your baby, and all the best for your wife and son.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit