WTHAYTTS?

by HappyDad 4 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

What The Hell Are You Trying To Say?

There.........I'm finally getting this off my chest. I see so many posts where instead of spelling the words, the poster uses letter abbreviations. The majority of us know what TTATT, PIMI, PIMO, and a few other abbreviations mean, but please.........when posting something important, spell out the word or words. If there is a newcomer to this forum (or an old fogey like me), that person probably doesn't have a clue to what you are saying.

• FatFreek 2005
  • carla
    carla

When I first came here it was like learning a new language. Not being familiar with the acronyms (like fs, tatt, pimo,etc..) but also all the jw terms. I had to learn jw terms & publications and 'apostate' terminology. (I was never a jw)

Also, when people post about a scripture, I don't know about all of you but I have to go look those up too. Not all of them but many. If I ask about how jw's handle a certain scripture I post the whole scripture but never from the NWT. Yeah, maybe that is my problem to begin with? not looking first a NWT, I just can't bring myself to though. I am eternally grateful to those who will still answer me!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`ll try to remember that carla not just for you but others also..

OK happy dad ,WTHAYTTS = ( what the hell are you trying to say ) yes ? and i`m an 81 year old fogey too,but OK point taken .

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

Rules for Abbreviations

1. Introduce Them with Parentheses

The first time you use an abbreviation, it’s important to spell out the full term and put the abbreviation in parentheses. Then, you can use just the abbreviation in subsequent references after that. For example:

In the fall, he plans to attend the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). There, he will major in electrical engineering and computer science. MIT offers eight different engineering programs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit