Leaving The Cult is Exactly Like This...

by cofty 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    I agree with Faye about the ray of sunshine but this well illustrates how it is leaving the Borg. Great pic!!😊
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Haha, that's great. I used to tell my wife that I had a little black cloud that followed me around. Somehow I managed to lose it just like your illustration as I started leaving the cult behind.
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    So true, Cofty. JWs are always talking about how the system of things is draining them and how the truth is like a protection for them. But little do they know that it is actually the Watchtower system that is draining them and that life is so much more stress-free and enjoyable without the Watchtower indoctrination influencing their thoughts, emotions and life decisions and creating unnecessary stress.
  • Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    We didn't leave religion because we lost our faith. Rather, we found our curiosity. And what a beautiful world it is that we've since discovered.
  • Open mind
    Open mind
    Thank you Cofty.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Hahah funny pic......but you know I never really felt like that....I loved being a JW.

Kate xx

• Heaven
    Heaven

That picture illustrates exactly what I experienced once I left home to go to College and then get my job.

At work, everything is "How can we fix this problem? Let's get to work on it."

When I'd go home to visit, it was always "Everything is so bad and getting worse. Only Jehovah's new system will fix all this." And my Mom's depression deepened, her individuality vanished, and she became chronically ill (which was totally preventable). She died 11 years later.

Perhaps these types of groups which draw, imprison, and retain certain personality types are here to be a warning to all others.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Island Man...

Sparrowdown put it real well not too long ago...

..."it's not a few bad apples in the barrel... it's the barrel turning the apples bad..."

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

This image shows the way JW.ORG is continuously implanting in the heart of his followers a morbid fear to deter them to leave their organization :

• Finkelstein

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit