Sir Anthony Buzzard clears up something that always baffled me about Jesus and the Spirit

by UnshackleTheChains 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

If you have ever wondered why Jesus is always kept at the sidelines by the Governing Body, then watch this video.

Sir Anthony Buzzard clarify's my own personal doubts and has helped me see exactly what Jesus role is alongside the Holy spirit. For all Christians searching for truth, this video is a must!

Just a side note. Anthony Buzzard clearly speaks with conviction which is really telling. Not only does his talk make complete sense, but anyone can clearly see he speaks from the heart. Compare this talk to a JW talk (especially on JW broadcasts) where many teachings don't make sense and talks DON'T appear to be coming from the heart ie no conviction.

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/SRLb2zqSpTQ

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Although an atheist now, i think this guy is a great speak and theologian. He's debate with two JW's over Jesus being Michael the archangel was brilliant (it's on youtube somewhere). I memorized his lines and use them with JWs.

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz

Despite not watching the whole video ( but the part I saw I agree totally with you) I'd like to comment a great cultural/religious difference betwenn the christianity/protestantism in the USA and here in Brazil.

Based on what I see on internet, there's plenty of high educated theologians around the USA, who spend time actually researching the bible and trying to bring something to light. So, I imagine that the JWs surely don't have a "monopoly" on Bible research among popular protestant religions there.

Here in Brazil the protestant religions are so unscrupulous: they spend most of the time playing songs made from 'wordly' songs (some ones even with dirty lyrics), their shepperds speak agressively, and focus their speeches on "hallelujah Christ" and "Out Satan", they practicly extort the faithful ones, and don't take any action regarding big sins among their leadership. Interestingly, here the Catholic church is much more superior than them in a logistic way. So, comparing to them, the JW are kind of superior, and most of the "protestants" here (believe me) actually can be beaten easily in a biblical debate with a JW (I mean the ones from 2000' and back, this new generation is so poor of content as the people in general here).

So, I think it's easier to see the JWs out of their santity halo there in the US than it is here in BR.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Although an atheist now, i think this guy is a great speak and theologian. He's debate with two JW's over Jesus being Michael the archangel was brilliant (it's on youtube somewhere). I memorized his lines and use them with JWs

Hi pale emporer. Yes I saw that video. What I found interesting about their conversation was that the 2 witnesses sounded quite robotic in their efforts to explain. Anthony Buzzard easily tore their interpretation apart.

So, I think it's easier to see the JWs out of their santity halo there in the US than it is here in BR.

Hi Ray Frankz and welcome to the forum.

Yes, I think people are wising up much more in the US and Europe, particularly in the UK.

I would say however, that the internet has much to do with exposing the GB and their historical and changeable teachings and policies.

People like Anthony Buzzard help to bring about reason without dictating, something the GB seriously needs to learn and adopt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit