Current Meeting Attendees

by blondie 8 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Does anyone know what publication is being studied at the midweek meetings. I used to know but it has flown out of my brain. It is treating some of past issues that were once taught by the WTS or have seen material that questions it. I would really appreciate it.

• waton
    waton

There is on their website something called the weekly "workbook" they dont study publications any more, but comment on their situation comedies, their video presentations.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

It is a book called "Enjoy life Forever". I cannot be bothered to go any further into that swamp.

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

Hello everybody! Found my password and sign in info. I have been reading the comments here, trying to keep up.

Blondie, JW's are using the Life and Ministry Meeting Workbook and the Enjoy Life Forever brochure for the Congregation Book Study.

• James Jack
    James Jack

They do a Congregation Bible Study, with one of the publications, 30 minutes, then various student talks, 30 minutes, then various Elders and MS parts, 30 minutes and 3 songs

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The " bible study"( actually bookstudy) is last. It has lots of videos interspersed. The student talks are skits. As usual 5 minutes material will fill a half hour. Announcrments are dead last, so no more waiting until after middle song, getting any tidbits and leaving.

You can find the schedule and material under meetings on JW library, no passwords or joining needed.

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

Their midweek meetings seem to have more boasting than they had in the past. Today,s meetings would even blush the Pharisees.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Amen to the following statement by WokenfromJWcult:

Today,s meetings would even blush the Pharisees.

I'm hearing more and more that a lot of the public talks & mid-week meeting parts including opening and closing prayers are being handled by teenage lads fresh out of diapers...sorry, meant High School!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This publication “Enjjoy Life Forever “ is not really a book , it is the interactive study material that they now use for new students. It seems laughably simple and short on detailed information but asks the student the kind of questions that can only be answered the Watchtower way. It includes videos. I guess that fills the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit