JW NY and covid-19

by Gorbatchov 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Does someone know how jw's in and arround NY, and the HQ's are affected by Covid-19?

Many infected? Lock down of hq's?

G.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I don’t know about how the virus has effected them so far but I’m sure the folks at headquarters are patting themselves on the back for having moved out of the city before this hit. Calling it Jehovah’s Direction that they sold off the properties and moved out of the city before the virus struck and the stock market tanked.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It only takes one scumbag to create an epicenter. In New York City, one rabbi started more than 100 cases within a mile of the synagogue, and that spread through the whole city (nice going). In South Korea, it took one xian priest to create a nasty outbreak in that country. California and Washington State just had bad luck--one person coming to those states spreading it through various cities. That included a nursing home in Washington State. From there, it just spreads as people flee New York City (I never saw the point in living in the most communist, dirtiest, crime ridden and expensive place in the whole country).

So far, Canada didn't run into that scumbag that spread the disease. But, all it takes is one rabbi or priest to hold a service in Toronto or Vancouver to release an outbreak in those cities. Or one infected person that happens to infect 200 more people before even knowing they have the virus. Hopefully for those in Canada, it will evolve into a milder strain or one that does nothing at all. But, I would advise areas not yet hit to start preparing now, before the shortages hit. But, don't go too gung-ho with the rules that are a test for Noahide Law.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

They closed NY Bethels to the public March 7th. Way before they told JW's to stop meeting, in fact they encouraged some to continue to meet according to the letters from Atlantis and Petra. Well, at the least they did not discourage meeting, and we know they are brainwashed into thinking not going to meeting could mean losing their life in the big A. We had 20+ old people at meeting the week of March 9th (we listened in, refusing to go because we have some brains). I also think a case could be made that they first told Britain and other places to stop holding meetings for publicity because of IICSA and other sensitive areas.

see betheltours4u for the bethel closure.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PETE ZAHUT:

The religion is probably glad they got their headquarters out of NYC.

Whether their move was prompted by decline in the number of Witnesses worldwide and them knowing they were going to let thousands of workers go, etc. or fears post 9/11 or other factors.. they’re glad they got out of Dodge City.

• Listener
    Listener

It was reported on exJWs reddit that they have been in lockdown for the last three weeks and most are now confined to their rooms with meals being sent to them.

• newsheep
    newsheep

Geeze listener what a way to live especially if you have a roommate that you can't stand. As far as big groups and Canada it's coming. There are huge huge dutch reforms who are not listening as well as the mennonites. There might not be any church but they are still having huge family get togethers on Sunday afternoons. We are behind but it will start to really elevate in a few weeks they figure. We are told by the government now that only five at the most in a group setting. Yet people are still holding funerals and having baby showers.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

No weddings, funerals around here. Not even letting one family member in a hospital to hold hands with a dieing man. This really wears on nurses, there was a fb posting I saw with tears

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit