Circuit Overseer Coming For Lunch – Everything Has to be Perfect

by SAHS 20 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OUTLAW- There motto is "DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO!

Hypocrisy at its finest......Lostwun

WatchTower Celebrities are PrimaDonna`s..

WatchTower Celebrities demand special attention,while claiming not to want any..

WatchTower demands JWs Ignore,what is Happening Right in Front of Them..

.........................http://highfrontier.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Cover-October-22-2014.jpg

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"Made him a gluten free pizza because he had celiac disease."

Was it just in our area? The Co and or his wife always had a special diet either due to a physical problem or some other conjured up issue?

My parents always kissed the CO's ass. Made me sick!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I always wanted to invite them over and have Hot Dogs, beans and some off brand potato chips and see how that went over. I just couldn't bring myself to spend the 8 bucks on the food. lol

I figured he wouldn't come over anyway. They never show up at the "losers" homes. So glad we were "losers". What a blessing from Jehovah!

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming
    When the CO use to visit the congregation, you could easily guess who was going to be assigned talks in the TMS and demos in the "circus" meeting. It was always the well connected members.....sons, son in laws, daughters, and wives of elders and m servants. Rarely, did a regular, unconnected member ever get to speak from the platform or pray when the ultimate "gift in men" was visiting. In addition, attendance was high, tardiness was low, and people were on their best behavior. The Greatest Show on Earth for a couple of hours.
  • SAHS
    SAHS

“ToesUp”: "Made him a gluten free pizza because he had celiac disease." Was it just in our area? The Co and or his wife always had a special diet either due to a physical problem or some other conjured up issue?

Funny you should mention that! Before the week of the circuit overseer’s visit, they announced that he and his wife have requested special dietary instructions: no gluten (wheat) and no deserts (glucose intolerance).

I guess for the preparation of the circuit overseer’s visit, all the rank-and-file members are expected to be like Noah and ‘do just so.’

• Watchtower-Free
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes! The week of the CO visit has the highest attendance and most "joyful" atmosphere...followed by the next week where the LOWEST meeting attendance occurs!

EVERY week following this occurred. No exceptions.....

It is like everyone put in extra effort the previous week and were now burnt out and needed a rest the following week!

• careful
    careful

Would your mom's name be "Martha" perhaps?

Luke 10:38-42

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Reading these posts makes me angry even though I'm not in the Witness religion anymore...."Special dietary needs", "finicky eaters", "allergies", etc.

ALL this for men who criticize responsible working people and denounce higher education?? This is laughable and sad that any thinking people in the congregations would consider feeding these INGRATES an honor!.....I wouldn't give them a can of beans from my cabinet.

Let them go eat at a fast food restaurant!!

• SAHS
    SAHS

“careful”: Would your mom's name be "Martha" perhaps?

Actually, believe it or not, my dad has always sarcastically called my mom “Martha” since I was a little kid whenever she would doddle getting ready to go out to the meetings, or anywhere else (of course referring to the Biblical Martha, Mary’s sister). Even to this very day, my dad tells my mom whenever she is doddling at the last minute when it’s time to get ready to leave somewhere: “You gotta stop all this Martha stuff!”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit