There Have Been So Many Changes Lately!

by disillusioned 2 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

These words were spoken yesterday by my 85 year old mum. She told me they had a special letter read out on Sunday read by one of the Governing Body telling them they were stopping the Ministry School. I feigned surprise. I said why do think they have done that after all these years? She said I don't know. I said many would probably be glad because they didn't like doing it because of nerves. She agreed, she never liked doing talks, only did them because she felt pressured to do so.

She never mentioned the reduction of the Watchtower and Awake and I couldn't ask or she would have wanted to know how I knew. I didn't push her, but she seemed to be in shock and puzzled and a bit down about it. She said a few times "there have been so many changes lately"! I think all the changes must be having a big affect on the older ones. I would love to have been a fly on the wall after the announcement to hear how everyone was reacting to it.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Old folks just aren't as pliable in mind or body. It would be nice if they could pass peacefully in the comfort of their delusion for the sake of humanity.

But when has Watchtower HQ ever been interested in humanity? Your 85 year old mum will get more sympathy from apostates than she will from her revered leaders.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

As far as the school goes, and the whole mid week meeting, what the really did was change the names of things, and shuffle the stuff around, and tweaked it all to give the sheeple's renewed faith that the work is really speeding up!

The school still exist, with a new name, and changes to the talks!

Bible Highlights, new name, some changes.

Bible reading. Unchanged.

1st. Short demo/talk about first contact in fs of some kind.

2nd. Bit longer demo/talk about return visits.

3rd. Longer demo talk bible studies.

These 3 demo's are brother or sister, with 2 people each, and short remarks from the school turkey! More if needed privately!

The KM is gone, replaced with a new colorful 8 page monthly, with all the meeting info for all the parts!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    @Dwain - Do they still give TMS style counsel on the demos? It seemed like they were on the Bible reading, but not on the demos. I don't know though and wondered how they made use of the TMS book now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit