Young People Ask: Why Distribute WT Literature?

by Sea Breeze 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

"So the visible congregation of God's people has $omething to do with the provision of salvation today. Indeed, it has an important place in that provision. - Watchtower 1967 Aug 15 p.499

"You must be part of Jehovah's organization, doing God's will, in order to receive his blessing of everlasting life." - You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth p.255

"If we stop actively $upporting Jehovah's work, then we start following Satan. There is no middle ground." Watchtower 2011 Jul 15 p.18

High Quality carrot on a stick Blank Meme Template

Lest we forget.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

What we thought we were working for:

89 best images about JW Paradise on Pinterest | Gods promises, World ...

What we were actually working for:

Gravediggers Try to Bury Competition in National Contest in Hungary - ABC  News

• joao
    joao

It has all been said and it's sad...

• menrov
    menrov

The main theme in all: you will keep working....everlasting work....

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Picture #2 does actually show what the Big A Survivors are going to get themselves into. Seeing bodies of deceased people is MACABRE enough; handling them to dig their graves is going to be another HEINOUS sight to behold. (Imagine the SPIMIs who will firstly: 😨😱, and secondly: 🤢🤮 when they see that they are assigned to handle that!) 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Picture #2 does actually show what the Big A Survivors are going to get themselves into.

Definitely one interpretation. When I posted it, I imagined the image as an accurate representation of JW's digging their own graves, in this life.... Working for your salvation is such a foreign concept to the NT and much of Christianity:

Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describes the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputes righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin. - Romans 4: 4

JW's live with a different rule in mind:

"It is vital that we appreciate this fact and respond to the directions of the "slave" as we would to the voice of God, because it is His provision." Watchtower 1957 Jun 15 p.370

In other words, "Dig those graves you good for nothing slaves"...

JW's: "What a privilege to work for the "Slave"... probably we may be concealed in the day of Jehovah's wrath.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i think anyone who looks forward to a mass execution of the vast majority of humankind is seriously mentally diseased.

• Biahi
    Biahi

They really only have a superficial understanding of what this “new system” is supposed to be like. They are leaving the details to “Jehovah” and his “magic” to fill in the details. If I asked too many questions as a kid, my parents told me not to worry about that, just make sure I “make it” into the new system. 🤷‍♀️🤮

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Because the JW eternal stand is that JW will never stop until JW are stopped by God.

—Except the Finish preaching work in Findland.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit