Was Your Health Affected By Covid?

by minimus 8 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Other than adding 20 lbs over the last 15 months, no known health issues during Covid. I’ve taken 8 lbs off so far and I am within goals. Thank goodness nothing serious here over the pandemic.

What about you??

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Yeah, I put on some weight. I've lost a few pounds from getting back to the gym. Otherwise, I haven't been sick or anything.

• a watcher
    a watcher

I got mild Covid in Feb 2020, quickly recovered and haven't been sick since.

I stopped eating out because it's no fun anymore and that's what used to put the weight on me. I've actually lost a few pounds.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

On March 15, 2020, I came down with covid like symptoms. Whatever it was, it affected my lungs and I coughed for about 12 months. Otherwise, I was fine.

This prompted my wife's employer to make her work from home full time. She'd wanted to do this for a long time.

With my wife working at home and not going out to eat and drink with friends, our eating became a lot more healthy.

We both lost a bit of weight.

I did an experiment, I started cooking with more butter. I made classic French dishes and other similar cooking, with full cream sauce. We ate more red meat too. I started out with really good cholesterol levels. After a year of butter and cream etc., my HDL/LDL ratio was abnormal... at the good end 1.34!

Other than a little generalized stress because of the unknowns of what the economy etc. would do, we enjoyed being able to spend more time together. So, mental health was good.

Financial health was good too.

• minimus
    minimus

I guess if you eat rich foods it catches up to you sooner or later.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

I've dropped 70 pounds from my pre-covid high. Losing weight is fairly easy. Keeping it off is the tricky part. I speak from experience.

• minimus
    minimus

Wow that’s great!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I got nothing from the virus, aside from the quercetin I started taking in lieu of vaccination. The quercetin stopped me from getting sick from any of these viruses, plus perhaps improved my general immune system in ways that will not be apparent until I do not get something like cancer later on.

That is, until they force me to get the vaccine. Incentives are not working--people will not trade a stupid doughnut or lottery ticket for their health, so they will start using actual force to get us to take the torture shots. That is when people's health will really start going downhill--a few years after they get the shots and develop chronic health problems related to inflammation.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Was Your Health Affected By Covid? - no.

I've now had both my jabs (AZ). I did experience flu-like symptoms after my first jab. But I was fine after my second.

I guess my body now has the antibodies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit