One of my JW friends posted this on Facebook. Totally cringeworthy!

by Divergent 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Divergent
  • Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

One could ask your JW friend:

• So what brought all this up?
    • What prompted this unsolicited declaration?
    • When a person is happy, they usually think nothing of it, they are busy enjoying their life and don't stop and make proclamations about it.
    • How often as a JW have you individually or as a group, jumped in the air while holding pieces of literature?
    • Isn't that a bit cultish?
    • Wouldn't it be more realistic to show a photo of people sitting in rows of chairs staring blankly into the middle distance?
    • Who are you trying to convince that you're happy and not in a cult...yourself possibly?
  • naazira
    naazira

No, I don't find it restrictive

And no we're not allowed to Google search our religion, or read ex member sites

Yes, I'll refuse a blood transfusion for my children even if it is a matter of life or death.

Yes, I'll shun my family if they leave Jehovah.

No, I am not brain washed; my brain is just washed clean from the thinking of this system of things aka the world.

Yes, I have to keep reminding myself how happy I am and that Jehovah's people are the happiest people on earth. Despite the fact that many witnesses suffer from depression and anxiety.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Here's a post from my older Brothers facebook page (gag)

TODAY'S ANNUAL MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT WAS EPIC !!
    After dining the same way every week for years, and drinking my milk shake 1st. I' am about to really be encouraged how to take in spiritual food on Wed. nights; meat 1st, chewing each piece slowly and really digesting it well. Instead of the same few eating correctly each week, we all will have the utensils and format to finally get to that tasty 100% Grade A Meat in the 1st bite.

• Exciting times ahead
    • Watched the Demo last night....feel a lot better now.
    • It was the best meeting ever !!
    • The news gets brighter and brighter as we go....Wonderful!

• smiddy
    smiddy

A Jehovah`s Witness needs to ask oneself : If we are the happiest people on earth , because of our spiritual paradise we are in,....

Why then do J.W.`s commit so many crimes against society ?

Why do they have such a high rate of suicides among their members ?

And why is their such a disproportionate level of mental illness among members ?

Just asking,

smiddy

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Divergent and Pete GROSS!!! It's enough to turn ones stomach!!!

Divergent, congrats on the name change :)

• Divergent
    Divergent

Thanks, Faye =)

Pete, just when I thought your bro was a cool JW by his not shunning you, he goes and posts something like this. Ewww!

• Divergent
    Divergent
    A Jehovah`s Witness needs to ask oneself : If we are the happiest people on earth , because of our spiritual paradise we are in,....
    Why then do J.W.`s commit so many crimes against society ?
    Why do they have such a high rate of suicides among their members ?
    And why is their such a disproportionate level of mental illness among members ?
    Just asking,
    smiddy

It's because we are living in the last days amidst critical times hard to deal with and Satan is going all out to get us, like a roaring lion seeking to devour his victims. Didn't you get the memo?

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I've seen it on fb.

I think it's a good thing that JWs are posting it on their fb page. It means they have been hearing JW + cult in the same sentence and have a need to defend their beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit