Billie Elliott

by patio34 4 Replies latest social entertainment

• patio34
    patio34

Be sure to see this movie! I was SO moved by it. It was so well done and the ending is nothing short of fantastic! I'm still teary eyed.

Patio

• waiting
    waiting

O Yeah.......

And don't give any credit to the person who told you about this movie, eh???????

Anyway......I concur - Billy Elliott is great!!!!

It takes place in the 70's in tough part of England - coal miners on strike. Billy's a kid who finds he likes to dance.

In fact - dancing is his primary feeling, and ballet his budding passion. Father & brother - fighting coal miners, young son loving ballet ---- get the gist?

He succeeds, but that's the charm and smile of this movie - how he does it. I replayed the final sceen several times - will take your breath away.

waiting

• patio34
    patio34

Waiting,

OKAY--ouch! You recommended the movie! I replayed the final scene also. It was really the ugly duckling turning into a swan, but so dramatically. What a wonderful movie. Thanks for telling me about it.

Patio

• waiting
    waiting

well, ok.

Sometimes a kid sister has to pull rank on her more talented slightly older sister. Gotta get credit what ya can grab it!

Don'tcha think??

Like a midget at a urinal I have to stay on my toes. Leslie Nielsen

waiting

• patio34
    patio34

Very funny, Waiting! Btw, if anyone gives me a hard time on this board, can I tell 'em my sister is an emporess and can get after 'em good?

Also, on the movie--it seems he was about 25 at the end and the other ballet dancers were much smaller and younger and in awe of him. He was also the major star of the ballet too, huh?

I think I may have to purchase the movie to watch it from time to time when my spirits need lifting. What an enriching movie.

THANKS FOR THE RECOMMENDATION!!!

Patio

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit