Special Meeting on 4/27/03 ?

by robhic 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• robhic
    robhic

A friend told me she wanted to attend a Special Meeting today, Sunday April 27. Her health has been bad for the last few months so she hasn't attended anything except the Memorial in about 6 months. Why this meeting was referred to as "special" wasn't mentioned.

Since the JW like to march in lock-step uniformity, I am assuming this meeting is going to be the same country (world) wide? Is a local meeting being special allowed if all other meetings are not (for the most part)? I am just curious as to the subject of this meeting.

Any ideas? Could it be a "new light" announcement? Membership in the UN being announced? Any input or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    Membership in the UN being announced?

only if they announce that they are in league with satan.

• benext
    benext

This was the "special" talk which is given every year after the Memorial as part of the recruitment drive.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I attended the meeting yesterday and was very attentive to see if there was any new light. The theme of the "special" talk was Babylon the Great. The talk was just a rehash of old information. If there was any new light embedded in the talk the old fellow that gave the talk did not discern it. You could tell that the speaker did not stick to the outline. So, when he gave the same old line about the UN it was unclear if what he said was in the outline or rehashed information from a talk that he might have given in 1960.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Nothing about the UN in the talk here; the speaker here is a stickler, so I would have to say that the Society is now officially MUM about the UN, considering the recent June 1 '03 WT article, see other threads about this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit