The Deep Things of Jehovah(tm). What are they?

by punkofnice 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
  • tiki
    tiki
    Punk.....I was thinking it's really time to trade in the old chariot too....?a Lamborghini? Do they still make them?
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Image result for crazy car

this is Jehovah's NEW chariot(tm)...pulled by his 'active horse'

• Listener
    Listener

This is what they say the 'deep things' are these days - W 07 11/1

We should not think that “deep things” are necessarily difficult things. Knowledge of “the deep things of God” is obscured from most people...
    Examples of Deep Things
    Jesus is the primary part of the “seed” of God’s heavenly “woman” referred to at Genesis 3:15....12 A second example of deep things that have been revealed to us concerns God’s purpose to select 144,000 from among mankind. (Revelation 14:1, 4) We accept the teaching that all of the anointed ones living on earth at any given time constitute “the faithful and discreet slave” that Jesus said would provide timely “food” for his domestics.

Even the 'deep things' are subject to change.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Listener - The deep things(tm) are obviously too deep for even god to get.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

To try and find meaning in the Bible I suggest, is entirely the wrong approach. “Why was it written down?” is the question to ask.

The text attributed to Paul refers to the deep things of God, what was it?

Answer: Early Christianity was a superstition in a very long tradition of mystery cults. The outline myth being that the saviour (a demi-human Sun God) died and was sacrificed at Easter on behalf of humanity and went his way to his Sun-God father and they both shone radiantly and triumphantly their heavenly realm having conquered the darkness of winter...as the sun conspicuously does after the spring equinox.

All the ancient god-man mystery cults followed this myth. To become a communicant in the cult would originally have required you to go through an initiation process into the “sacred secrets”, to learn the “deep things of God.” It was usually performed in a long and complex ritual which involved passing through unlit subterranean chambers, stair wells and trap doors. The idea was to create intense fear in the novice and dependency on the spiritual leader. Over time and after enough rituals you too might make the grade of high priest. Incidentally in the Dionysian christ-cult one of the names the initiate took on was "Iasus". There were various levels of initiation, as retained (or imitated) in Free Masonry today, there were also levels of heaven to which the Bible writer Paul referred in his brand of mystery cult. (Funny how nobody picks up on this undiluted paganism?)

So the deep things of God were a reference to the exclusive things which only the cult hierarchy were privy to. It was for for the initiated only...(like those who believe in the sacred but unbiblical Watchtower mystery of 1919!)

Then why was it written down? To bamboozle the ignorant and poor so they reverence the “holy” mysteries and thereby become slaves under the control of the religious hierarchy.

Punky does this help at all?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    50%nana - That's very interestingly put. Makes sense to me.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    The money is going to an ''invisible cause''.
  • Spiral
    Spiral
    "Half Banana: So the deep things of God were a reference to the exclusive things which only the cult hierarchy were privy to. It was for for the initiated only...(like those who believe in the sacred but unbiblical Watchtower mystery of 1919!)

Then why was it written down? To bamboozle the ignorant and poor so they reverence the “holy” mysteries and thereby become slaves under the control of the religious hierarchy."

Yep. Ever changing gibberish that makes the members (and certainly the leaders) feel special.

When I was a child I used to wonder why Jehovah never did anything in a direct and forthright way, everything was always convoluted. Now of course I get it, it's all a cult construct.

Edit: Half Banana, great info on the development of early Christianity.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The deep things from the omnisapient God prove him to be unjust, cruel and enraging to me.

In reading the Bible since finding out the truth about the truth, specially the Old Testament, leads me to believe God is such a jerk! An ass really.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit