Simple, yet very effective way, for ALL to spread the TTATT to current JW family and friends, possible GAME CHANGER.

by Dunedain 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dunedain
    Dunedain
    @ - DataDog - I think you might have mis-understood. The point is NOT to say these things AT a study, but to PERSONALLY use it as a way to bring these questions up, one on one with a JW, by saying someone you are studying WITH was asking you.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Oh!!! I got Ya! Yeah...I'm drinking right now. LOL!!!! 😁

DD

• Dunedain
    Dunedain
    @ - DataDog - Hey, pour me a cold one, brother, lol.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

As OneEyedJoe posted, this is very similar to what I did early in my fade and a tool I keep in mind if ever needed. I had to be careful about my "experience" that brought up a question and exactly who was doing the asking because I found that plenty of JWs would try to ignore the question and attack the questioner. "They must be an apostate! Who were they? What church do they go to?" Perhaps if I didn't have so many people with their noses in my business and living in a small town, I could have gone with a "study" scenario.

In my experience, I realized that JWs are accustomed to life with cognitive dissonance, this just become more obstacles that dubs would ignore and instead stare into space fantasizing about petting pandas or something. For me, the primary reason wasn't to force others to see TTATT, it was to expedite my fade. In that respect, it was very effective. When I moved away and stopped attending, I think the elders were relieved that I was gone. No calls, no visits, no hassles, no more awkward questions from me.

Except for a few family members, I can't conclude that anything I said caused anyone else to walk away from that congregation. However, I think plenty of them became much less enthusiastic about preaching.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I actually did have that Study.

I'm convinced that the guy was counting HIS time preaching to me. He came up with the damnedest anti-WT stuff but swore he was not on apostate websites. (Theocratic Warfare?) Claimed it was all original questions and concerns. I give him credit for planting the seeds that finally caused my awakening. I'm pretty sure he helped some along the way that I shared his reasoning with.

Oh!!! I got Ya! Yeah...I'm drinking right now. LOL!!!!

Me too. It's been one of those days.

CHEERS!

Doc

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

@ - Billy - Good points, and sorry if you had made a similar thread, i had no idea, lol. That being said, i am not sure how long ago your "fade" was, but if i am not mistaken, i thought it was a few years ago. The reason i say this, is i am sure you will agree, that the WTS is in a much different place than it was, even a few years ago. It seems MANY are questioning, and many are waking up. The WTS is "shooting" themselves in the foot, with their many flip flops, and "lies" about money, and even the child abuse issues are far more common knowledge now.

At this time, the planting a many seeds, could really take "root", now more than ever. Who knows, but the very "seeds" that you planted Billy, may be taking root NOW, as well.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

the WTS is in a much different place than it was, even a few years ago

Indeed, it's in a different place than it was just a few months ago. And who knows where it will be a few months from now.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Dunedain & Billy...

"God" bless the Information Age.

• steve2
    steve2

Yes, it is relatively safer to frame your "question"as having been raised by another person.

However, this sort of approach has a short shelf life.

You can use it once, twice even, and perhaps three times at a push.

Pretty soon, knowing the jw gossip mill, you'll risk getting a reputation as "crafty"and "devious".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Me, I couldn't have been bothered to try and use tactics like this to explain or justify my doubts or try and "plant seeds" in my JW peers.

Didn't have the patience.

I just skipped that step, moved, and faded.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit