slimboyfat joins the Mormons!

by slimboyfat 95 Replies latest jw experiences

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, yeah, we all know you're only in it for the underwear.

• Heaven
    Heaven

The man who founded the Mormon religion was a fraudster. I think that says it all.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

SBF, Do it! Join them! Maybe you can find a hot girlfriend at the church! Desperate times call for desperate measures. Other than your raging hormones, I can't think of a rational reason why an exJW zombie would seek to re-zombify himself in a similar cult. Your mind really is a cabinet of curiosities.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Slimboyfat:
    I am resolutely worm enough

then you might need these:

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I guess if you don't like the JWs but miss being in a cult that would be one way to go. I'll pass, I'd miss my gin and tonics. Actually I've cut down to one a week, but I'm not giving up that one.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I was a mormon for a few years. I don't believe the religion, but I thought they were generally nice folks and the religion was more about living than preaching their unique faith(though they do think every member is a missionary, it is about being a good person, good example, more than knocking on doors preaching.

It's a nice social group to belong to, and they actually help people and emphasize education. If they could lose the crazy doctrine and keep the good social foundations, lose some of the judgier ones, that would be great.

My friend came out as gay, died of aids in 1991 and his church was packed with people who loved him, lds and otherwise. I buried my 25 year old friend that day, and no one rejected him.

My dad, a non JW, died after years of helping with repairs and remodels of every KH my mom went to, even after a brother ripped him off in business, and not one JW sent flowers or came by, because my mom was inactive as she lived at hospitals and nursing homes his last 6 months. No one even brought her magazines.

I think the WT breeds ugly human beings purposefully. I don't think Mormons have truths religiously either, but they nurture goodness of humanity more than a lot of religions do.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

If there were no religion involved, it's a nice social group. Have a Mormon tell you the joke about how many Mormons it takes to change a lightbulb. In fact, get a Mormon jokebook. You will at least get an idea of how they see themselves (and don't take themselves too seriously for the most part.)

• DJS
    DJS

Whaaaaat??

SBF, I go away on vacation for a week and the braindead theists re-emerge from the shadows and start to terrorize the 'hood. You ARE kidding, aren't you? You've built up some credibility and a following on this site. I'm not one of your homies but you occasionally make some sense.

If you really have joined this nutcase of a cult, you have lost all credibility. You DO know about moroni and the tablets and the other nonsense don't you?

All credibility. All of it. Gone.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

..to each their own. At the end of the day, we must all follow the path that makes us happy.

I hope you find your path slimboy.

• jhine
    jhine

Hi Slim , you do realise that many of the things you seemed surprised at , women leading prayers , an encouragement to help those worse off who are not of the same religion etc are found in most churches . l often lead prayers and do Bible readings in my Anglican church and we support groups that do " good works " all over the world.

The WT is possibly the only " Christian " group who discourage these things , and taking blood , celebrating Christmas and birthdays , voting , higher education.........

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit