slimboyfat joins the Mormons!

by slimboyfat 95 Replies latest jw experiences

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

Wow! Interesting observations SBF. It dawned on me that I've considered entering a Mormon temple about as much I have considered a walk on Mars. I've known a lot of Mormons, had them as neighbors, teachers, co-workers and friends. The whole no caffeine or alcohol is a little too stringent for me, but to each their own.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Slim " I don't believe all the doctrines"

The Rebel. I am sure this won't be a problem, provided you consider it a blessing to have the opportunity of donating 10% of your income to the church?

The Mormon Church: " Rebel, please remember that the lord isn't asking for 10% but he is giving us 90% and then blessings on top"

The Rebel." Ok that explains it"

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It seems to me like you've been on here 12 years and learned almost nothing in that time.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Witness My Fury you're such a pessimist. I'd like to think I know a lot less now than 12 years ago. One day I may know nothing at all!

Thanks to 2+2=5 for the best answer. Dumb dumb dumb, da dumb. It is catchy.

I really was hoping for more Mormon feedback though. Is my initiation typical? I thought there were more Mormons on here.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Slim so Accorrding to you 2+2 5 gave the best answer " Nobody can be sure if the Mormons teach any truth from the perspective of a worm"

We could also say from a worms perspective the Mormon church doesn't exist. In fact maybe the Mormon Church doesn't exist, or it only exists by the false thinking of people. But then does money exist?

I put it to you Slim your chosen Church of the month exists, be it Mormon, Cathalic, Witness or whatever, because it's all about the MONEY not the INDIVIDUAL. I hope you are worm enough to accept that?

The Rebel

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I meant his first dumb dumb comment, but that's a good one too.

Funny enough the president mentioned a diet of worms.

Rebel I like to think I'm post Marxist so I agree with your materialist analysis.

I also doubt the existence of money, especially when I check my balance.

And I am resolutely worm enough.

Greetings comrade.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

But you've got to wonder how they were told by the prophet in 1980 not to follow along with the Book of Mormon in church. Who's getting channelled messages? Isn't that weird SBF? My mother's sister married a Mormon. When he died he was buried with his first wife because they are sealed or something to spend eternity together. That together with the huge LDS genealogy database so they can baptise the dead by proxy are just some of the odd teachings.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

He said there are 60 million refugees in the world and we should help them - why do Mormons want to help refugees? Is the ultimate aim to convert them to Mormonism?

We talked a long time about shunning and whether Mormons do shunning like JWs. He says they don't which surprised me - again adopt a sceptical attitude. Perhaps he's fibbing or not telling the whole truth.

They don't necessarily rule out evolution entirely for example - this, at least, is good.

I said I liked the experience of being at church and singing the songs and would like to give talks and priest president and so on - you must make your own decision and do what's best for you. Like the other posters, I would strongly advise against becoming a Mormon.

You've already tasted one cult. Why leap out of the frying pan and into the fire?

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Slimboy, Slimboy ... there you go mindfucking the ex-dubs again! Bad boy! Baaad boy!

Eden

• carla

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit