slimboyfat joins the Mormons!

by slimboyfat 95 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

slimboyfat joins the Mormons!

I know that some people on the board have experience of being Mormons, so I would be interested in your feedback.....SlimBoyFat

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Mormonism, the concept of divinity centers around an idea of "exaltation" and "eternal progression": mortals themselves may become gods and goddesses in the afterlife, be rulers of their own heavenly kingdoms, have spirit children, and increase in power and glory forever.

That Should Be Interesting..

If True..

Eventually you`ll Rule your own Heavenly Kingdom..

And..

Rabid Atheist Preachers will spend their lives arguing endlessly..

About whether you Exist or Not..

........................................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/thsmilie_happy_251.gif

• Landy
    Landy

You're a strange one SBF.

Are you going try every cult and off the wall religion until you find one that suits your views (once you've decided what your views are, that is)?

If so you'd better get a move on as you've a fair few to get through.

• Simon
    Simon

When mormons introduce themselves "Elder abc and Elder xyz" I always tell them my name is Berry.

Yes, I'm Elder-berry.

They rarely talk for long, I don't know why.

• Thomas the Bill Engine
    Thomas the Bill Engine
    you should check out a certain south park episode if you're seriously considering this
  • redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

I can understand the attraction. The Book of Mormon contains "Jehovah" twice.

• LV101
    LV101

I was told many witnesses switch to Mormonism and go back and forth between the two and was shocked!

I admire their position on education and family but be very cautious - it's a cult.

• TD
    TD

SBF

I grew up within walking distance of a Temple.

I played with Mormons, went to school with them, attended their services, dated them, worked with them, worked for them, etc., etc., etc......

I understand the attraction, but ultimately, they suffer from many, if not all of the defects of the JW faith.

• elderINewton
    elderINewton

I love when the Mormons visit me. I talk about the infamous salamander letter, south park, and the magic underwear.

My favorite thing is to also crack open a beer in front of them. My wife likes to make coffee when they are here as well.

They haven't visited me in a few years but hopefully they will. I have south park on cue to help. I'd recommend that before anyone joins they visit Reddit and check out exmormon first.

Mormon history makes Rutherford look like a saint

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I think it's hilarious that they believe Christ came and preached to the native Americans. Too funny.

• rebel8
    rebel8

You must have a fondness for American cults.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit