Our COBE(Coordinator Of Body of Elders) Cried at the Kingdom Hall

by James Jack 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

James Jack, I had the same conversation with my FIL over 10 years ago. He had been asked to train younger brothers to do his job on the RBC. They had removed the congregation book study from his home. He had never missed a Saturday leading the group in service, never took a vacation because of his resonsibilities. The last thing to go was his position as presiding overseer. This man dedicated his life to this organization and "his brothers and sisters".

We had this conversation in private. He never would have discussed such a thing with his own son. He was truly hurt and broken to be set aside after so many years of service. They needed someone who was more accessible. This man still has no cell phone and refuses to have a computer in his home. He believes that computers are from the devil and that they destroyed his son's faith.

This man was broken. He personally helped many less fortunate ones at the KH. Don't get me wrong; he is still thoroughly deluded and has shunned his son for over 35 years. They only speak about "necessary family business" on the telephone about twice a year. The last time we visited he told my husband, "We are all set. Everything is taken care of. Communication is nice, but not necessary." He would never accept help from us and shuns our children and our grandson.

There has been a slight softening since Flipper called my FIL pretending to be one of my local elders (There is a thread about this that got quite heated.) and reassured him that I am still a faithful sister. I have compassion for the man, but will never subject myself to his judgement of my family members and his silence toward the vitriol and hate speech of my MIL toward my husband. I don't intend to ever speak to or see either one of them again, but I support my husband's choice to try to maintain contact, and I send photos on his behalf about once a year.

Cult indoctrination destroyed my FIL's humanity and his family, but he still believes he is doing the right thing. What else can he do now but die with a stranglehold on his faith. It is beyond sad.

• James Jack
    James Jack
    I spent an hour with a 70ish Sister on her new iPad and put the 3 JW apps 1st and right in a row. The next day she came to the Meeting, without her device and said: "I still don't get it, I'm sticking to paper".
  • crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light
    If it's not so sad, it'll be something like a joke. The old brothers buy Ipads and can't handle it. In my cong a brother sometimes starts a song or a video in the meeting. Mostly he don't find the song we sing. He want no help, because he don't like to look stupid. So crazy.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    explained that the CO's (Organization), want Tech Savvy Elders as the Coordinator.

Really? Or was he one of the good ones that the watchtower corporation doesn't like? The watchtower corporation prefers liars, bullying and hateful COBES. Anyone that dares to show genuine love will be thrown under the bus by watchtower.

• blondie
    blondie

(1 Timothy 3:1-7) . . .If any man is reaching out for an office of overseer, he is desirous of a fine work. 2 The overseer should therefore be "tech savvy," (updated RNWT?) irreprehensible, a husband of one wife, moderate in habits, sound in mind, orderly, hospitable, qualified to teach, 3 not a drunken brawler, not a smiter, but reasonable, not belligerent, not a lover of money, 4 a man presiding over his own household in a fine manner, having children in subjection with all seriousness; 5 (if indeed any man does not know how to preside over his own household, how will he take care of God’s congregation?) 6 not a newly converted man, for fear that he might get puffed up [with pride] and fall into the judgment passed upon the Devil. 7 Moreover, he should also have a fine testimony from people on the outside, in order that he might not fall into reproach and a snare of the Devil.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

As we age, we all become useless to this empire. No more contributions for them at assemblies!

DY

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

You know, your average JW is okay, but the top echelon are some sons-of-bitches. Definitely not Christ-like at all.

Having said that though, there are many JW males that define there mere existence by whatever title they hold inside the Org. This is not right either.

DY

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The most self righteous, eager, and keen witnesses now are ones in their 20's and early 30's....who think they are "something special" !

Most older than that wake up......

So it's appropriate that the org tries to have those "younger zealous" ones take the lead.....

• James Jack
    James Jack
    It is a bubble you get wrapped up in. Maybe it may be a good thing this happens to wake them up to the ttat.
  • James Jack
    James Jack
    Maybe this will wake them up to ttat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit