Vultures - said the CO

by punkofnice 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I was in a congregation where the PO was also the CO. A bit of n old curmudgeon. He's no longer with us.

I remember him getting rather sarcy (that's 'snarky' to my American cousins), about how the local jobos would descend on someone new entering the Kingdum He££ to try to get a 'study(tm)' and make 'placements(tm)' with the newbie. Not to mention 'love bombing'.

He said from the pratt-form that he didn't want the 'publishers(tm)' become 'vultures'.

I agreed with him.

By extension (typical jobo term), I noticed a certain preciousness about things...perhaps even a corrosive jealousy about things.

EG: If someone gave an 'experience(tm)' in a 'comment(tm)' about how they converted the universe and its dog (almost), to jobo-ism, (well not really, but you know, something more credible), the elder or whomever would ignore it, blank it as if they were envious. Not because they didn't believe it but because it didn't happen to them.

Anyone else seen this or have any comments?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If someone was assigned to give an experience at an assembly, they were either held in high esteem or derided because those in the know were aware of how embellished the story was. Bullshit experiences were very common from the platform, Once you were aware of the fake experiences from your congregation being presented, you became skeptical of all experiences given.

Experiences were bragging rights for sure. Poor fellow "publishers" who had none resented those who bragged, and again most experiences were BS.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Wozzy - Too true blue.

I heard an 'experience(tm)' at Bowes Road some years ago where a bloke had refused a card from his work colleagues that congratulated he and his missus on their new baby.

I thought this was really weird, even when I was a mind controlled jobo drone. Even back then, it seemed a rather extreme refusal.....nothing the corporation frowned on........although they frown on most things.....

• steve2
    steve2

JWs of old were trained salesmen/women. Little wonder when they gave experiences from the platform or at conventions, these had the flavour of "My product is better than yours."

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

steve2 - Yes. Agreed. All about the sales.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit