Something Evil - What happens when people are shunned from the Jehovah’s Witnesses

by AndersonsInfo 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

https://www.rnz.co.nz/programmes/in-depth-special-projects/story/2018901718/something-evil

SOMETHING EVIL - What happens when people are shunned from the Jehovah's Witnesses

From In Depth Special Projects, 5:00 am on 10 August 2023

Anusha Bradley

CONTENT WARNING: This story discusses severe mental distress, depression and suicide.

“I had the reputation of being a very studious, level headed, discerning sister in the congregation … and then literally overnight, I went to being something evil, something dirty, something to be afraid of.”

For Rachel Jackson, it’s all over in two weeks.

After 22 years in the Jehovah’s Witnesses, she feels her whole identity disintegrate within a fortnight of confessing to doubts about the religion.

Why, she had asked, is it only us who will survive the Armageddon? There are so many other good people. Why not them too?

She started questioning the religion’s governing body, who are deemed the mouthpiece of God.

“I got reported by someone in the congregation,” Jackson says.

“I said something to her and then she got very upset with me and reported me to the elders in the congregation.”

Two elders tried to change her mind, to no avail. They told her to resign or be kicked out - ‘disfellowshipped’ - she says.

But Jackson, who had converted from Catholicism, refused. A committee of elders was formed to decide what to do with her.

“I met with three elders and they accused me of apostasy because I didn't accept that the governing body was the men that Jehovah was using.”

She says she was told her disfellowshipping would be announced to the congregation in two weeks.

“So two weeks later, all my friendships of the previous 25 years just went up in smoke.”

No one was told why Jackson was disfellowshipped, but they all shunned her.

READ MORE: https://www.rnz.co.nz/programmes/in-depth-special-projects/story/2018901718/something-evil

LISTEN: Hear Cassie and Brad share their full story in a special feature episode of The Detail podcast, out on Saturday August 12

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

The JWborg shunning doctrine is Something Evil.

"By their fruits you will recognize them...rotten."

Soon the governments will cut down the rotten JWborg vine.

"...if you are doing what is bad, be in fear, for it is not without purpose that it [the government] bears the sword. It is God’s minister, an avenger to express wrath against the one practicing what is bad."

• karter
    karter

Next week they have an artical about C.S.A in New Zealand.

Karter.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Let the exposé continue. Not a stone to be left upon a stone....

"For look! Jehovah is coming from his place

To call the inhabitants of the land to account for their error,

And the land will expose her bloodshed

And will no longer cover over her slain."

The WTBT$ will fall quickly once it begins. Bring it on!

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

This is why the huge policy changes in elders book -

if someone is suspected of being suicidal then no judicial committee until the elders can be sure that are no longer suicidal.

Basically meaning hardly anyone will have JCs from now on which means no more shunning 😀

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Most of the elders don't follow their own elder books. Why would they? They don't even follow Jehovah's book. They haven't changed just because that phrase is written into the elders book. It's just for appearances, like everything else in the borg doctrine.

If the wolf elders perceive that a sheep has a "weakness", they just attack them more. That's what sharks/wolves/predators do. Those men won't change. They don't care about the flock. They care about maintaining their image. It's disgusting. They don't "represent Jehovah" and He's going to let everybody on earth know it when they are completely removed from their "positions" when the JWborg is cut down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit