It looks like the WATCHTOWER—STUDY EDITION (SIMPLIFIED)'s last issue was December 2018

by Disillusioned JW 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I looks like the last issue of the "WATCHTOWER—STUDY EDITION (SIMPLIFIED)" (at least in English) was the December 2018 issue - see https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/?contentLanguageFilter=en&pubFilter=ws&yearFilter= . Did anyone else notice that?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I think they announced that at the time. I guess the regular study edition was so dumbed down anyway they couldn't simplify it any further.

• hoser
    hoser

I think they dumped the regular one and replaced it with the simplified one but still called it the study edition.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Yes, it was announced at the time. Officially, the ‘Study’ and ‘Simplified’ versions were ‘merged’ (dumbing down the remaining version), but in real terms the extra one was simply discontinued.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Simplified means more stupid.

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hello,

I think simplified version of "stupid" or "soothing" ( ? is it the right word ? ) version

is a risk ... if WT over simplify her language , the risk is the message will become totally "no sense"

The language of WT or Awake is allready simple , how to make it simplier without explain that you manipulate the word ... at the end , even stupids see you manipulate them

no ?

Best regards

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit