2016 Memorial Done & Dusted

by steve2 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freddo
    freddo

Yep. That little dance where the servers (who have had the chance to quaff the cup and crunch the biscuit at the end of each row they pass "emblems to") serve each other.

And then the speaker who has handed the cups to all the servers and has them all handed back to him to put on the table then has his own little to and fro cup and plate handling opportunity from a server all by himself before putting them finally on the table.

Anyway, good news - our hall was down from 118 to 112 this year. A small decrease but a decrease nevertheless.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well said bibleexaminer and freddo!

The ritualistic manner of 'serving the servers' always bugged me!

They had the items "served" to them every time the end of the row passed it to them already! So they get to "pass" it over a dozen times each.....why then pass it again in front of everyone at the front row??

Because it is all for show and appearances

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Me too. No invite. The week before the Memorial and when the District Convention was being held in the State Fairgrounds were the only two times a year that I would see JWs in my neighborhood. Sometimes they would pass my house because I have a well-earned reputation as an ApossTate - but I'd still occasionally get a flyer or invite stuck in the flower pot on my front porch.

Passing by the Kingdom Hall that services my area indicates that attendance is way down. Parking lot used to be full on Saturday nights and all day Sunday - but now even in the late afternoon there are only about 20 cars parked in the lot.

I think we may be seeing the beginning of the end. If they ever go to live streaming of meetings to home TVs, hardly anyone will show up. My guess is that Memorial attendance will be falling off a little each year.

JV

• stillin
    stillin
    "Anticlimax" is the word, Steve. After a droning, insipid talk that lasted too long, the snacks were passed out but nobody wanted any and a song that wasn't really a song, just a bunch of notes was attempted by the congregation.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I wish someone would just get up a yell "since anyone who partakes is considered metally diseased no one's going to partake so as to be labeled so why waste time passing around the bread and wine?"
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Biblexaminer you had me in fits...dog and pony show!!!LOL!!
  • Magwitch
    Magwitch
    Big blizzard in Colorado. Most Memorials were cancelled.....all of them in my town and most in Denver.
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Here in Cali its kicking off. the wife is headed out....guilted by family. She will be late, the kids will be a tear, and it will suck.

I will be here defiantly eating a taco.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Just got back for the worst memorial in my whole 45 years of going to them. I felt so bad for the people who had to listen to the speaker who was literally yelling. It was the worst talk ever. There was a token mention to the ransom and the rest was all about who should drink the wine and eat the crackers.

There were few people to show for the 14,000 tracts that were placed. Most the the people that attended were the usual yearly attenders. The same ones that have been coming for the last decade.

Pretty pathetic event.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I just got back. Boring as hell, of course. The speaker droned on about the great WT article that we just had about who should partake, we don't judge, but.... LOL!!!

We had one Sister who partook of the emblems. She was being made fun of by multiple persons after the meh-mori-hell. 😑

We are all sinners, blah, blah.... Jeehoober had a master plan so Jesus had to die, blahbitty blah. This could be the last meh-mori-hell ever..... You get the idea. Same shit, different year...

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit