If they made 14400k symbolic how many jws would start to claim to be anointed?

by purrpurr 9 Replies latest jw friends

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Since there's debate here about wether the literal interpretation of the 14400k could be changed to symbolic, I was thinking such an announcement would allow for any jw to claim to be going to heaven... in which case i wonder how many jws would suddenly claim to have "been called"?

I can think of many arrogant holier than thou types who would be jumping on that bandwagon immediately!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Because being annointed is so hot right now.

Aw but then the GB wouldn't be spwecial anymore 😯.

• gone for good
    gone for good

EVERYONE - free crackers and wine once a year, finally an actual reason to go to the memorial

Newly Anointed youth will quickly realize that this under age drinking could be sanctioned under religious liberty laws - Jesus in the temple at 12? Don´t know why some of the teens haven´t pushed that boundary already...

JW teens, you listening ... wanna make the evening news?...and expand religious freedoms?... you know you want to...

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I just thought of a New Light solution for the GB to latch onto regarding the 144,000. Notice in Revelation, the winds of tribulation are held back until 144,000 are sealed. These must be JWs who have been called after 1914 when Jesus kicked the devil out of heaven and began ruling. So there may have been millions of anointed Christians prior to 1914, but only a limited number after this date. When the last of the 144,000 are anointed, this generation will be complete and the winds of tribulation released.

The number is stll literal; it's just the starting date of the gathering of this unique group that is altered, making much more sense than assuming there were less than 150,000 Christians that existed in the 1900 years prior to 1914.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    If they made 14400k symbolic how many jws would start to claim to be anointed?

I posted a while back that the rate of anointed happens to coincide with the rate of crazy people in USA.

• Hisclarkness
    Hisclarkness

Put all your feelings about JW beliefs aside for one moment. And put aside your current beliefs for a moment. The Bible ACTUALLY teaches that ALL Christians are “anointed” and are to be partakers of Christ. This is also a very valid reason of why the numbers are rising as more and more witnesses are starting to realize this. Not everybody is crazy or “holier than thou”. A lot of witnesses, many of whom I personally know, are simply following what the Bible says in regards to ALL Christians partaking. There is no such thing as two separate classes of Christians.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

True...anyone who does not have the indwelling Holy Spirit is none of His.

• steve2
    steve2

Put all your feelings about JW beliefs aside for one moment. And put aside your current beliefs for a moment. The Bible ACTUALLY teaches that ALL Christians are “anointed” and are to be partakers of Christ.

Yes, Hisclarkness you are correct. In fact, it is a measure of the success with which JW organization negatively portrays the anointed that even many ex-JWs also view negatively those who say they are anointed, making snide and derogtatory comments about a hope that - if you claim to follow the Bible - is not limited to a specified number.

Since the mid-1930s - when the "Other sheep" doctrine and "the "Only 144,000" gained ascendancy in the organization, the whole concept of who goes to heaven has become thoroughly distorted. For a group that has prided itself of "going back to Scripture", JW organization have gone out on a limb with their own convenient interpretation of "the heavenly hope".

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz
    There is no such thing as two separate classes of Christians.

All christians are equal but some christians are more equal than others.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I told an elder one time that I felt like Jesus had personally invited me to heaven, but, I realized I would be more useful here on earth. He was an older elder, holyier than thou; he just looked at me like I was an apostate. Lmao

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit