Bible verses JWs wouldn't want to find because they want to dis you!!!

by elumn8 2 Replies latest jw friends

• elumn8
    elumn8

This is an essay on how dissfellowshipping is wrong. Men have wrote the words of the bible and it's the very few words of Jesus our Leader that we must follow. Dissfellowshipping hinders the person more than helping. The elders beleieve that they are Moses and are living in his time. Judging is for God. Who is to say that they are able to judge people?

We have Jesus's words that we must follow not another man's appinion on the matter. Paul wrote in 1Corinthians 5:13 " while God judges those outside? "Remove the wicked [man] from among yourselves." implying that men have the ablility to judge ones inside the congregation. He said also in 1 Corinthians 5:11-13 " Quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man.". This would shun a person to repent. Although Paul's words would make a person turn arround it's not how Jesus taught. Jesus said in Mathew 7:1 "Stop judging that YOU may not be judged; for with what judgment YOU are judging, YOU will be judged and with the measure that YOU are measuring out, they will measure out to YOU.". Even when Peter thought it was good enough to forgive someone just 7 times Jesus corrected him and said at Mathew 18:22 "Jesus said to him: "I say to you, not, Up to seven times, but, Up to seventy-seven times.". The elders do not forgive but only feel they should discipline by means of dissfellowshipping.

This disfellowshipping is to keep the congregation clean but the person is then shuned. Missing relitives and friends in an attempt to gain back the dissfellowshiped person is wrong. The person should feel like he wants to go back because he is serving god and not because it is a social gathering with family and friends there. Dissfellowshipping a person wouldn't allow for reason to go back. Family and friends are not the reason a person worships god.

The judging elders are seating themselves in Moses's seat just as they did back then (Mathew 23:2). They use Moses's law and as Jesus says in Mathew 23:23 "but YOU have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness.". Jesus said in Mathew 9:13 "I want mercy, and not sacrifice.". The elders do not show mercy but rather they sacrifice people for the sake of the law that the congregation would be kept clean. When a brother committed a sin the last resort was for the congregation to speak to the man, not for a disfellowshiping (Mathew 18:17).

It is not anyones duty to judge except the chosen ones of god, jesus and god himself. Disfellowshipping is a judgement that is not appropreate for the time. (Mathew 13:30) Judging now would uproot the wheat along with the weeds. (1 Corinthians Ch 6) There will be judging of the world and of angels in Gods kingdom to come. (Mathew 25:32) Jesus will do the separating of sheep and goats it is not up to an elder. (Mathew 19:28-30) power of judging will be given to the 12, those that left behind,the la dst become first. (1 Corinthians 4:3) Now to me it is a very trivial matter that I should be examined by YOU or by a human tribunal. Even I do not examine myself. If you shouldn't even judge yourself, who should say these 3 elders have that ability?

When a person gets dissfellowshiped he will never get his undeserved kindess. If all men have fallen short of the glory of god then why do we have disfellowshippings? (Galations 2:21) I do not shove aside the undeserved kindness of God; for if righteousness is through law, Christ actually died for nothing. (Galatians 5:4) YOU are parted from Christ, whoever YOU are that try to be declared righteous by means of law; YOU have fallen away fro his undeserved kindness. (Romans 3:27,28) Where, then, is the boastig? it is shut out. Through what law? That of works? No indeed, but through the law of faith. For we reckon that a man is declared righteous by faith apart from works of law.

Dissfellowshipping is a wrong thing to do. Men might think it helps but men stumble on their own feet when trying to lead themselves. Disfellowshipping doesn't help a person it strips him of the love of his family and friends that could help him in much better ways. Where is the peoples mercy, has the love of the greater number of people cooled off? Seating themselves in Moses day and judging people now is a mistake because it takes away the meaning of Jesus Christ dieing for our sins.

dissfellowshiping is wrong

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Nice post elumn8! Thanks!

Nice to meet you! I am a Christian also.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you!

• acsot
    acsot
    Missing relitives and friends in an attempt to gain back the dissfellowshiped person is wrong. The person should feel like he wants to go back because he is serving god and not because it is a social gathering with family and friends there. Dissfellowshipping a person wouldn't allow for reason to go back. Family and friends are not the reason a person worships god.

elumn8: you are absolutely right. I always felt that way also. Many people return to the witnesses, but it's because they miss their families, not because of God. So the Watchtower attempts at manipulating people only prove how far away from God they really are, they couldn't care less about whether a person really loves God, they only want numbers to increase. They are so shallow, and sadly many JWs are sincere and kind and do not realize what type of organization they are living under.

Good post!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit