X-Men Apocalypse & Yahweh

by smiddy 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• smiddy
    smiddy

I have watched the trailer for this movie , and the bad guy in this makes the statement something like this, when asked who are you ? his reply , I have been called many names over time , and Yahweh was one of them .

Will JW.ORG ban the Jdubs from seeing it ? being not suitable for a Christian ?

smiddy

• Simon
    Simon

I still think Thor is the best god in the Marvel Universe.

Funny that jehovah is now just a punchline in them.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Why haven`t Marvel Comics or whoever made a movie about Captain Marvel ?, when I was a kid I enjoyed comics about him more than I did about Superman , and I did like him also.

A kid on crutches that uttered the word SHAZAM and he became Captain Marvel to fight all manner of evil.like Sylvania ?

smiddy

• talesin
    talesin

Looks good, and directed by the Beastmaster. I've enjoyed the X-Men franchise.

I didn't get to read a lot of comics, smiddy. Spiderman, Batman, and the Silver Surfer (love is the Power Cosmic) and of course, Wonder Woman!

I'll have to check out Captain Marvel at the library.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    ...being not suitable for a Christian ?

Yep its going to spoil a lot of JW Marvel geeks love for capeshit, that's for sure.

Why haven`t Marvel Comics or whoever made a movie about Captain Marvel ?

Oh the character is on its way. And its going to be she. Seems she's going to be the key to defeating Thanos.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Smiddy- You're thinking of the DC Captain Marvel/Shazam. DC sued the creators of Captain Marvel saying he was too much a copy of Superman. They won but eventually bought the character.

They didn't do anything with the character for so long that Marvel Comics eventually came out with their Captain Marvel who was an alien Kree warrior.

Getting back to the X-Men, pretty much all super-heroes are banned by the JWs. Someone told my mom once when I was a kid buying them that the "uncanny" that's in the title, The Uncanny X-Men is a demon word. One of my favorites was Daredevil and they used the logic, "There's the word devil right there in the title!"

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    Getting back to the X-Men, pretty much all super-heroes are banned by the. Someone told my mom once when I was a kid buying them that the "uncanny" that's in the title, The Uncanny X-Men is a demon word. One of my favorites was Daredevil and they used the logic, "There's the word devil right there in the title!"

Ah the eternal struggle between the comic loving offspring and the JW parental unit. It takes me back. Those battles were epic struggles between the oppressed and the oppressor, good vs. evil and chocolate versus strawberry.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Some self righteous witness told me they wouldn't see it because it said that. I was like "wow".

Even if i was still in that line would not have phased me one bit or made me think about not watching it. Witnesses act borderline superstitious about this crap.

It does make a great point though about myths, and "god's" of the past. I think its cool because it shows a real perspective on these gods and how the names and ideas morph over time, and stories are retold and changed and so on. We live in a great time of information and the movie fiction is simply playing into the knowledge about how there really is no vishnu, yeweh etc...(there are no xmen either but this is entertainment not religion lol)

I've enjoyed the X-Men franchise.

I have as well, I am not a comic fan, but since the first one they have consistently impressed me.

• Mandrake
    Mandrake
    I don't like comics, but I enjoyed Deadpool very much! It was hilarious :D
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Marvel mutants are the way they are explicitly via evolution.

There's a JW no-no right there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit