UK kingdom halls closing

by Farmer Jim1 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Farmer Jim1
    Farmer Jim1

Can anyone out there that is PIMO give an update on the rate of kingdom halls closing in the UK?

I was expecting a fire sale a few years back but I haven't heard much. Some congregations that were struggling back in my day still seem to be holding on to their halls.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I too would be interested to know up to date info. on Congregation mergers and K.H sales.

I just wonder if the Org. has called a halt on the old Scam of K.H turnover for a while in the U.K, as Property prices and sales have stagnated, they may have an eye to the future, for when the Market recovers. More £££ to be made then.

There may be some "hidden" decrease as well, where say three Congregations were sharing a Hall, and those three are now two ?

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

From what I know hearing from different congregations the numbers are way down for in person meetings and ministry,

so much so that sister’s are doing microphones and some congregations are merging as there just isn’t enough brothers

the territory is being done at a snails pace and it very hard to get anyone to do more than ten mins before the obligatory coffee break

the trend is for young ones not to get baptised as for fear of getting shunned. In fact particularly young brothers not getting baptised. Many congs the youngest baptised brothers are in their 30s

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I didn't know there were many left.

What ever happened to them being 'dedicated(tm)' to Jehovah(tm)?

2 in my area. 1 is now a Mosque and the other a Pentecostal Church.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

re. Indoubt’s post…

Never underestimate the power of passive resistance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit