Satan & demon crew vs Jesus & angel posse (who will win?)

by REALNESS 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• REALNESS
    REALNESS

Is Satan really that bad?. Satan must have at one time been a good spirit creature...so he has taken a bad course but could start doing good, likewise the demons are just angels that have choosen to do bad things. This begs the question if satan and his demons(bad angels) were to start doing good what would happen?. Satan must know what Jehovah has instore for him(his destruction) so why does he not start doing good and not fulfil propheshy and therefore prevent Jehovah from destroying him.

The answer is satan must be stupid or fancy his chances of beating Jesus/jehovah at the final battle, who will win this battle, maybe jesus has more power than satan but his demons must have equal power to the angels they will be fighting so why would the angels win?. Satan knows what is planned for him so why does he bother, why not just do exactly what he is not supposed to, he knows that he will lose and be kicked out of heaven, so why bother fighting back?.

Does he really think he can win or is he just stupid?.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Well, first of all, I do not believe in Jehovah or Satan.

Second, if Jehovah like the JW existed, I'd personally choose Satan's side, cuz I think that God is a mean man, allowing all this misery to happen and not doing anything to stop it. "Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent" - Epicures.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Good point Viv, with the quote.

Actually, I always found that question a bit troubling - namely, if Satan knows he's gonna get his butt kicked, why not surrender and repent?

Then again, I wouldn't have expected Hitler or Saddam to turn around either. I guess some evil dudes are just too far gone.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Originally, dark characters such as Satan were metaphors for our own ignorance, our belief in separation from what the word "God" points to. Later it devolved into a tool to instill fear in the gullible and stupid, a weapon wielded expertly by organized religions. It was never meant to be thought about too deeply. So, shame on you for doing such a post. JamesT

• REALNESS
    REALNESS

James : And you know this how?.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Through years of hungry searching and study touching on most all religions and philosophies. I was willing to have my sacred cows slaughtered so I read into most everything. There are surprisingly many similarities. The characters may change, but the stories often remain pretty much the same. If your interested, Joseph Campbell's work may be a good place to start. But take care, there is an overwhelming amount of well researched material out there. JamesT

• manon
    manon

Jesus vs Satan {MTV The Real World vs Road Rules} stay tuned.

• REALNESS
    REALNESS

James: why should i be ashamed of doing such a post?. The fact that characters such as satan can be used by religions as a tool to instill fear does not mean they are not real.

The fact that there are many similairties beetween these religious characters serves only to enhance the view that are real and originated from one source, it does not mean that they are man made. Of course i can not prove that satan is real and you can not prove that he is not, i believe in the bible and the characters therein are true, you however can believe what you want.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Realness, If I offended you, I did not mean to, so please accept my apology. "Shame on you" was said in jest, as your intelligent questioning will reveal the obvious truth of Satan's nonexistence (and then watch out for the dominoes to fall). If you notice, your original post was motivated because Satan is obviously acting irrationally. Not conducting itself like a highly intelligent angelic being. If you, dear Realness, lowly human that you believe yourself to be, can clearly see this, then what does that say about Satan? Imagine you created life in a little petri dish, and that life was intelligent and conscious enough to recognize you as it's creator, and then developed a personal relationship with you as Satan has with God -- doesn't it seem sensible that your little creation would treat you with unending respect? But Satan isn't sensible, because there is no intelligence or discernment there. It's a fictitious character. Originally gods and divine beings (good and bad) were knowingly created as mythological deities, fictional characters, to point to deeper truths within us. People knew they were just tools of understanding ourselves. It was only later when we took them for real entities. Don't believe anything I say. Trust yourself. Look at your Biblical characters clearly and objectively (as if you had never heard of them before and were reading about them for the first time). Look closely at their actions and behavior. Do they portray a sense of sound, sane, logical, sensible, reasonable and intelligent divine beings? Or, stumbling, stupid and blithering fictitious characters that some old fart on mushrooms made up? You tell me. Honestly, couldn't you yourself act more sensibly and intelligently than how both God and Satan are depicted? I am not saying there is not a wondrous Source to this beautiful universe. It's just that we have mistakenly made it ridicules. JamesT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit