Any Experience With This?

by mackey 0 Replies latest jw friends

• mackey
    mackey

It seems that the lack of love Is a pretty large void In the life of a JW and I was wondering how much of an impact It can have In a persons descision to leave the borg. I have a very close friend of mine who's In It and has absolutly no love or compassion In her life. Even her own parents put her down. She Is well aware that I love her and would do anything for her, and am hoping that over time, that will be enough to make her see what is missing In her life ( she's 24).

I tried the direct approach, but she's not going to listen until she wants to listen.Basically what I do now Is write letters reminding her that I love her and am her for her. I try to build her up, not tear her down, In the hopes that she'll open up to me and see that I'm not the demon seed that her social circle makes me out to be. She said It herself, that aside from her parents, no one has ever expended themselves for her the way I have. And I see that as an advantage. I would like to hear from any who experienced anything like this from a "worldly" person, and how It affected you, Or from any "worldlies" who employed this tactic. Actually, my love Is real and not really a tactic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit