Died Due To Refusing Blood Transfusion

by rrb2016 45 Replies latest watchtower medical

• rrb2016
    rrb2016

Well, last Monday my Mother, a Jehovah's Witness since her baptism in 1968 died last week because she would not accept a blood transfusion. She was 76 and had lung and skin cancer. I know that the cancer would have gotten her anyway, but she was bleeding internally, and was told that she needs a blood transfusion, as her blood count went all the way down to 3.2 (should be 12-14.)

I am still numb and angry. I told her after the Doctors told us that she will die, but she stood by her misguided faith and said that she will die and wake up in Paradise. The Elder in the #1 position on her blood card (who hadn't seen her in many, many years) was up there as fast as you could blink...to make sure she couldn't be coerced to take blood.

I've been out of the religion (raised in the "truth" but never baptized) since I left home at 18 years of age in 1983. I was not encouraged one bit my all the JW's in and out every day (counting time no doubt) while she was in the hospital for the last week of her life. If I hear one more person say "she is alive in Jehovah's memory" I am going to punch someone.

Well, that was my rant. Thank's for listening.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    I am sorry for your loss, there is no more helpless feeling than the one you watching that decision.
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Sorry for your loss, RRB
  • cofty
    cofty

I'm so sorry for your loss.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    My condolences to you and your family.
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Sorry to hear rr - I think you have the right not to punch, but when another JW says something to you like "come back of Jehovah" or whatever, to tell them to mind their f**ing business or whatever your favorite word is, after all you just lost your mother, and point that out to them, you are mourning her loss, not in the mood to hear any of their *^*^" nonsense.

I was my moms legal guardian and I decided to give her blood, of course that was the day some nosy sisters came and visited and saw the port, and told the elders, One of them called me and asked why, and what I told him during our phone conversation probably used more "naughty words" than a Chris Rock and Eddie Murphy concert combined. He was quite friendly to me at her memorial though believe it or not.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So sorry for your loss.

Much love

• LV101
    LV101

I'm so sorry - I can only imagine what you're enduring right now.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm so sorry.

Sylvia

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Sadden by your loss.

Your mother died due to lung and skin cancer; internal bleeding cannot be stopped by mere transfusing blood, only elongate the already horrible, painful circumstances.

May the good memories provide you comfort.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit