New Witness video "Do not visit Witness dating sites" be happy single. Sick Horror!

by Witness 007 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007
    After the Sunday meeting an over zealous young Elder encourages the cong. with a 2 HOUR clips from JW.ORG! One video showed a young sister battling loneliness not able to find a mate in her hall or area. She thinks about using J.W dating site. But thru advice she decides to get busy pioneering and learning to accept her singleness. DO THEY KNOW how hard it is to find a mate in such a small "fish bowl" as the kingdom hall. All people on this website are doing is trying to obey Jah's law on marriage and still find someone to love. Sad sad CONTROL of an unkind JW.ORG!!
  • clarity
    clarity

They spout all that nonsense but when GB Geoffrey Jackson's wife died what did he do ........wait? After all he was going to Heaven to rule with jesus any day now. Oh no ........ he couldn't wait ...... he married a young sister soon after!!!!

Hypocrits!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I know a JW couple who's first point of contact was on the internet, and they latter married. At the time because it wasn't GB approved this was quite a scandal. Anyway they went ahead and are still married today. Sadly though still heavily indoctrinated.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

It makes sense that WT is discouraging the rank and file from thinking of marriage. The elder bodies in most congregations are inundated with judicial proceedings and problems that are marriage related. Fact is JWs are lousy as marriage partners and it's only going to get worse not better. Currently there is a very high divorce rate among Jehovah's Witnesses with huge numbers of children in most congregations living in shared custody households.

Bottom line : Divorce among JWs is a very bad witness in the community! Recently I heard a CO say that big cities like New York City and Los Angeles California have a high rate of JW dead-beat dads, as further proof that JWs are loosing the war on having a reputation of having a happy family life environment..

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. persuasiveness of creating appealing value of being single adults goes back many decades..

The WTS leaders at one time demeaned people to getting married and having children, instead promoted people to rather serve in the pioneer service , the end is near anyways, so why not wait to the new order ?

The men have their pickings among JWS woman, being that the WTS insists that JWS womam only marry or date within the organization there is a large amount of unmarried woman in the JW organization.

Take for example a middle age divorced woman with 2 or 3 children, they do not have an appealing chance to find a mate in this religion. Some congregations are small less than 60 to 70 people so there aren't that many single attractive men available, particularly in the over 40 age group.

Again the manipulation and exploitation conducted by the WTS and its leading men shows itself.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Untold, unprecedented hypocrisy. It's almost disgusting. My best advice is to marry a non-JW. Do what's best for YOU, not some publishing company.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal
    WITNESS &

CLARITY:

Yes, they are hypocrites for sure. A man in the JW religion makes sure he gets married soon enough!

But, even if there were NOT an abundance of women in the religion, a JW man would find a woman anyway! That "marry in the Lord" crap is only okay as long as it applies to women. However, if the demographics were reversed and there were more JW men and not enough women, the rules would be bent a little and every kind of excuse would be made for them, IMO.

As far as I am concerned, the religion would rather see single women alone because they perceive them as a necessary pool of people to do favors. I certainly refused to be viewed that way and I rebuffed all the USERS there!

The religion knows once a woman is married that nervy people can no longer come up to her to do favors like they once did because she'll be less available, not to mention an irate husband telling them to stay away from his wife!

There is also the possibility that a single woman will leave whatever money she has to the religion if she has no spouse or children to leave it to!....I would not be surprised if this may have secretly figured into the reason why years ago they were urging couples to remain childless.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

In a way, it's a slap in the face to singles.

This is where you keep receiving mixed messages in the Borg. Everything is geared toward familes and that narrow-minded ''family worship'' and rigid ''JW.org. Extreme hypocrisy.

• Londo111
    Londo111

As a JW, I never understood why JW dating sites were not allowed. It still makes no sense.

I would like to add that as a male, it is NOT EASY to find someone as well. It is too small of a pool for either gender. Men have to be very "theocratic"...at least a ministerial servant and making progress. JW women can be very, very picky.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Yes, the women can be oppressively over righteous. I compare the over righteousness to the extreme heat of a car parked in the sun on a hot day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit