Saw this on Facebook and it sent chills down my spine

by stephanie61092 4 Replies latest jw friends

• stephanie61092
    stephanie61092

Hello all,

I saw this on my feed this morning and I had to share:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/billboard-seeking-to-reunite-broken-scientology-families-coming-to/2285112

The billboard says: to my loved one in Scientology...call me

It was a crowdsourced project put together by a couple whose two children have "disconnected" from them (the parents) after they left the church

My heart goes out to these pained parents. It also makes me think of all the parents who are being shunned by their JW children and vice versa. My heart also breaks because I know a billboard probably wouldn't work on JWs either but when youre so desperate, everything is worth a shot.

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

When I was a Witness I would have thought this was terrible, but never associated it with shunning. After all, WTS was the "true" religion, and its shunning was right to do.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    When I was a Witness I would have thought this was terrible, but never associated it with shunning. After all, WTS was the "true" religion, and its shunning was right to do.

Same here, at least when I was at my peak cultiness. Scientologists are horrible! They shun family members just so they can hide from the truth that they're in a dangerous cult! Nothing like JWs, we lovingly encourage people to return to Jehovah by demonstrating our loyalty to him above all else.

Looking back, it's disturbing how deluded I was.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

So simple, so powerful. I love it.

I hope our xJW billboarders can do something similar soon.

• stephanie61092
    stephanie61092

I remember watching Going Clear and seeing how awful Scientology can be. I remember saying "I'd hate to be in a cult like that!" Little did I realize I was a victim too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit