Reading hearts - Only Jah can.. but Jesus too.

by Sanchy 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Was reading the daily text this morning (June 26th, 2017) and found this:

But Jesus, who could read hearts, discerned that the people were more interested in physical food than in what he taught. He saw what was wrong, patiently corrected them, and explained how they could improve.

I felt like I had read elsewhere that only Jehovah had the power to read hearts. Did a bit of research and quickly found this from the 2013 "Imitate their Faith" book, chap 14, parr 9:

The truth is, we should never assume that it is impossible for people to repent​—no matter how vicious they may seem to us. Only Jehovah can read what lies within the human heart.

You can't have it both ways Watchtower. Can Jehovah alone read hearts? or can Jesus do so as well?

• SAHS
    SAHS

Excellent find!! Everyone should have the right to demand an explanation of this. Who really can read people’s hearts. (Oh, evidently the Faithful and Discreet Slave class can.)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

John 5:19-22 Therefore, in response Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to you, the Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever things that One does, these things the Son does also in like manner. For the Father has affection for the Son and shows him all the things he himself does, and he will show him works greater than these, so that you may marvel. For just as the Father raises the dead up and makes them alive, so the Son also makes alive whomever he wants to. For the Father judges no one at all, but he has entrusted all the judging to the Son,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit