Information Disparity

by doublespeak 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• doublespeak
    doublespeak
    The Scriptures reveal that God never takes advantage of the ignorance of anyone..
    J.Rutherford, JEHOVAH, Brooklyn, International Bible Students Association, 1934, p.19

Would that the oligarchy followed suit.

Tom.

• scratchme1010
  • careful
    careful

Jeremiah 20:7—how does that fit into JFR's theology here?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Would that the oligarchy followed suit.

Welcome to the forum Doublespeak. Yes they take advantage of ignorance. Appalling lies in the 'evolution' book about the lack of fossil evidence. Just enough fossils to fit on a dining table I remember!

Also ignorance of basic Christian dogma, so they steal the well established doctrine of Atonement from 'Babylon the Great', call it the new Ransom Sacrifice teaching and say they had it revealed to them by Holy Spirit.

They did the same with the expulsion from the garden of Eden, going on about fans slowing down and imperfection causing old age and death. This is an old teaching known as The Fall.

They just rehashed centuries old teachings from the Catholic Church and said God revealed them to Russell and Rutherford. The ignorance of the general membership of this religion has allowed it to happen. Taken advantage of such ignorance to bind people in a cult is unforgivable.

• stillin
    stillin

I had a lengthy conversation once with the father of a Circuit Overseer. The father was a very well-informed Catholic and made mincemeat out of me. I was raised Catholic and I thought I really knew something about dogma when I became a Witness. He had it all down and made a fool of me. So. I was an ignorant Catholic AND an ignorant Witness!

• doublespeak
    doublespeak

Thank you Xanthippe. For some reason I cannot update my bio nor the avatar. So just briefly; Born in, thirty-something years later I finally came to terms with some life-long suppressed thoughts & doubts. I am now going through what seems to be a well told story on this forum. (grateful to be able to read about people in the same boat)

-----

careful, nice verse. I was thinking that poor old Job was pretty clueless too. (But for the record I am questioning the soundness of the Org's rationale)

Xanthippe, I am reading 1984 at the moment and I can't help but make parallels to so many concepts. Oceana invented all technology you know.

So it might be a bit dry to speak in terms of contracts but the Org accepts the dedication but withholds so much that really should be put on the table given the consequences of a baptized person discovering this information later.

Baptism being contractual in nature, I just searched the forum and found why-isnt-disfellowshipping-breach-contract

This is why I posted information disparity and why I feel so robbed.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The org don't just take advantage of people's ignorance they actively encourage wilful ignorance through actions such as discouraging education, suppressing critical thinking skills, spoonfeeding well debunked bad science, circular reasoning, misquoting sources, demonising critics and constant appeals to authority.

They maintain a veneer of transparency and intellectual honesty and lull adherents into a false sense of logical security.

Dubs genuinely believe they are getting the best information via the WTS and that there is no need to go anywhere else.

Fools.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Thank you Xanthippe. For some reason I cannot update my bio nor the avatar. So just briefly; Born in, thirty-something years later I finally came to terms with some life-long suppressed thoughts & doubts. I am now going through what seems to be a well told story on this forum. (grateful to be able to read about people in the same boat)

Try sending a pm to Simon who owns the site if you are struggling with it. I left at thirty too. Yes many have noticed the similarity between Orwell's 1984 world and the JW cult.

Looking forward to hearing more about your journey so far.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit