Animals not meant to eat meat

by Carl 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana

Carl get a grasp on the fact that the Bible has nothing to do with telling us anything practical...it is a story book for the illiterate of the Iron Age based on Bronze Age myths.

The tiger shark has an interesting take on survival of the fittest: whilst still in the womb the embryonic sharks attack each other until there is one left who in turn will go out into the sea and having eaten all its siblings will go on to pass this ruthless strategy to a new generation.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrqgPjZ07Ts

Did the vegetarian God slip up here?

Or is it not a perfect demonstration that Darwin's big idea is right and that Genesis and vegetarian lions are just a bunch of primitive folk tales?

• Carl
    Carl

Half banana I respect your comments but I do strongly believe in God and I disagree with you about the bible .

• Half banana
    Half banana

I would be interested to hear any argument or good reason why anyone should listen to what the Bible says...but in the absence of such, I cannot see how an old book of myth borrowed from pagan sources could be the work of an almighty creator god. How can you defend the Bible?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The teeth are a tiny part of the issue. From their mouth to their butt everything has evolved to consume meat. The stomach, the acid levels, the enzymes, the pancreas, the intestines, the cells, all the bio-chemistry.....

Animals have evolved to procreate and therefore survive in a certain environment. Everything about an animal, is focused on survival and eating is a big part of it. A lion has muscles to run.,chase, pounce, wrestle, hold down. Teeth to tear, cut, bleed, sever and chew. Even it's tongue is covered in hairs so that one lick devours layers of flesh. None of these things are useful for cucumbers...

All these things make an animal what it is, it's ridiculous to claim it once consumed another type of food. It would make it a totally different animal, it would look, live, behave, act like a totally different animal.

It's a ridiculous and ignorant idea,

• Landy
    Landy
    Teeth to tear, cut, bleed, sever and chew. Even it's tongue is covered in hairs so that one lick devours layers of flesh. None of these things are useful for cucumbers..

Post of the week :D

• TD
    TD
    The teeth are a tiny part of the issue. From their mouth to their butt everything has evolved to consume meat. The stomach, the acid levels, the enzymes, the pancreas, the intestines, the cells, all the bio-chemistry.....

Yes, yes and yes.

No member of the cat family is able to synthesize taurine, an essential amino acid not found in vegetation. Eating meat is not optional for cats and their entire body from mouth to butt (As you put it...) is adapted for this purpose, which is why Guggisberg stated that it would be impossible to design a more perfect predator.

For a group that believes in creation like the JW's to suggest otherwise is to repudiate their own argument for creation.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Wait...what uses are there for cucumbers then???

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Animals not meant to eat meat - perhaps an effective way of answering is to post a video, like Half Banana has done, and let that do the talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hedZrvGUFlI

• Heaven
    Heaven

notsurewheretogo said: Wait...what uses are there for cucumbers then???

We omnivore homo sapiens can eat them as part of our salads, put them in sandwiches and wraps, or make pickles out of them. Yum! Slugs like them too. ;0)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit