Animals not meant to eat meat

by Carl 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Carl
    Carl
    JW don't believe in evolution . How come animals teeth are designed to chew meat? Sharks for instance have razor sharp pointy teeth these are not to eat vegetation . Lions teeth sharp and pointy for chewing meat . All kinds of animals around the world are Purley meat eaters ok they can eat vegetation but not long term . I hear stories about London zoe in ww2 feeding lions on grass and hay at a time of meat shortage but they soon fed them meat soon as they could because they were getting I'll from no meat . I do believe in the Jw teachings because I was raised as one for 16 years but I also believe that animals can and have changed there pysical design over thousands of years .
  • xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Well some alligators have jaws that can exert 3000 lbs of pressure. That ain't for crushing sweet potatoes.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

For eating dead animals? Animals will die and dead/sick/wounded ones will be eaten by the others?

By the way, "don't believe in evolution" is - in my eyes - a far to simple sentence. "don't believe in classic Darwinism" as an explanation would sum up my belief, in the sence that infinitely small adaptive steps are no explanation for novelties, new species, new Types.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome carl ,glad to have you on board.If you are up to it tell us about yourself.

Every living thing on this planet lives off the life of some other living thing .And it always has.

Whether it be on the land , animals , in the sky Birds of heaven , or under the sea every sea creature you can think of,. Just think about it.

Mankind eats animals and marine life and birds , Birds eat animals and marine life and humans if they find them dead , , Marine life eats animals birds and humans if they get the chance.

It`s a never ending cycle that has gone on since the dawn of time.

And no GOD has ever intervened in that cycle.

smiddy

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

For eating dead animals?

How would it distinguish between a sleeping animal and a dead animal?

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

How come animals teeth are designed to chew meat?

Well quite! One JW theory is that God changed the animals post flood.

Two problems with that.

Dinosaurs like the T-Rex clearly ate meat. So God apparently felt it was ok for animals to kill in pre-flood times.

But if you go with Old Hippies idea that they only ate dead animals (see my point above) then you have the problem that a loving creator thought that the best solution for the care of animals post Eden was to divide them into the hunter and the hunted. Despite the fear and suffering that results in the hunted (see nature programs of lions chasing gazelles who are clearly terrified.)

God is love. Really?

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

A creationist would say that species can adapt to their environment but those adaptions won't lead to new species.

• George One Time
    George One Time

As a teenager I placed a the 'Life - How was it created' book with another teen. When I came back he asked me: "What it meant by the expression 'peace between animals'"? It was one of those times I started to doubt my convictions.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    How come animals teeth are designed to chew meat?

The Bible may have said that animals were "designed" or created but the scientific evidence found in geology, paleontology and genome studies shows that animals evolved. To think otherwise indicates that you are prepared to defy a reality for the sake of religious belief.

The Bible is a book of fables but science has methods for determining factual evidence.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Every Jehovah`s Witness should look at a Natural Geographic Video or a David Attenborugh viseo or some other video.to see what the real world is all about instead of a fanatsy world.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit